Saturday, September 17, 2011

Jumping for Joy and Sleepover in Salmon

When my dad came up to hike Mt. Borah, him and my mom brought two of their grandkids with them to Salmon: Quinn and Aspen. We've NEVER had any cousins from the Perkins side ever stay over night with us in Salmon, so the boys were SOOOO excited to have their cousins come and stay with us!

They stayed two nights at our house, and on the second night, the kids insisted on putting up a tent to sleep in. It kept raining off and on during the day, and I thought they would be too cold, so I kept resisting their pleas. Finally, after they begged and pleaded, I told them if they wanted to sleep in a freezing tent that badly, they could put it up themselves. And they did!!!
As soon as it was up, they immediately brought out sleeping bags and pillows and blankets and filled the tent up! I had concerns about how 6 kids were gonna sleep in that small of a tent, but they were determined, so I didn't mention it!

Whenever it was good enough weather outside for those 2 days, the kids played outdoors. They spent a lot of time jumping on the tramp. Quinn doesn't have a trampoline, so he especially enjoyed jumping on it!



On Monday night, their last night here, we had Family Home Evening. We read a story and played some games and had a skittles guessing contest for dessert. I love the game "Pictureka" because a lot of people can play it at one time, and it keeps everyone's attention, too.

They ended up not sleeping in the tent that they put up because a big storm came in and it rained and thundered that evening and night. So, the kids all brought their pillows and sleeping bags and blankets inside, and they had a sleepover in the living room instead. They watched "Despicable Me" as they fell asleep.

Early the next morning, my mom and dad got the kids up and they took Quinn and Aspen and left. I had such a great time with members of my family here! It was such a delight for me to have my boys playing with their cousins at our house! I can't explain just how much I enjoyed it! And I know the boys did, too! They were bored after their cousins left--life just didn't seem as fun the rest of the day with them gone!

No comments: