Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bucket List: Item #8

Today I had a picnic with my family in Logan. My parents, my siblings, my nieces and nephews, and my sons were all there. It was wonderful! We ate and played at the Willow Park, a park on the southwest side of Logan. I only remember being in that park vicinity once, and it was back in 1997.

In June of 1997, I had just graduated from high school and I was working for Mowin' Ranger. I got the job because my friend Angela's parents owned it, and I started as a janitor for the company. I was so happy to have a job, and I really liked it. One day, Angela took her mom and I for a drive in her Ford Mustang to see a classic car show at the fairgrounds in Logan (which is right by Willow Park).

Angela's second cousin, Josh, was also working for Mowin' Ranger at the time, and he wanted to go to the car show, too. Angela's dad let Josh borrow his street motorcycle to drive over, and we followed behind him in the Mustang. During that whole 30-minute car ride from Tremonton to Logan, I remember thinking how attractive Josh looked on a street bike, and I loved watching him ride.

Two months later, Josh and I started dating. Josh has never owned a street bike, but throughout our courtship and marriage, he's always owned at least one dirt bike. He loves to ride motorcycles, and I love watching him ride. But, still to this day, that first time I watched him ride on a street bike has never been duplicated. I really secretly desire for Josh to purchase a street motorcycle, and for us to take a trip together on it. I want to feel the motorcycle under me, have my arms wrapped around my husband, and watch the world go by as a biker babe. At least once!

My Bucket List item #8: Go on {at least} a day trip with Josh, riding together on a street bike.

3 comments:

Angela Corbett said...

I forgot we'd gone to a car show together! You guys should definitely get a street bike. :) I can't wait to hear about your adventures when you do!

MikeS said...

Sweet!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

so you're saying that if I just happened to purchase say.... a new Harley while you are gone to Utah you won't be mad???? Josh