Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I looked out the window and what did see?

My boys planting apricot trees for me!!!

I had two requests this year for Mother's Day: 1. chocolates and 2. an apricot tree.

I had been really stressed out with school; the students were having lots of behavioral problems (aka spring fever) and I had tons of program prep work and performance planning, and I felt overwhelmed. Chocolate is such a good drug for me, and I thought it would be an easy gift for the boys to get.

We already have several fruit trees in our yard: 2 apple trees, a pear tree, and a cherry tree, but I've been wanting an apricot tree for a few years now. I remember how yummy my Grandma Rose's home-canned peaches and pears and apricots were, and since a peach tree wouldn't grow well in Salmon, and I already have a pear tree, I really wanted an apricot tree. I want to learn how to can apricots and eat them and remember what they tasted like when Grandma made them.

Josh and the boys were so good to me, and filled my requests...I got Andes Mints, Ghirardelli Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares, 2 bags of Lindt Balls, and not just one, but TWO apricot trees!!! My gifts were absolutely perfect, and I've truly enjoyed them! The chocolate is almost all gone now, and the Apricot trees are leafing out, and I can't wait for them to someday produce fruit.

1 comment:

MikeS said...

The best thing to do with apricots is to make fruit leather.