Sunday, May 1, 2011

Live & Love Life 365 (April)

Day 91: Taking the 3 younger boys with me to see a movie in the theater and eat at a restaurant afterwards. It was the first time Kanyon's been to the movie theater, and he did so well!

Day 92: Visiting with friends, and finishing a craft project for Kimi's room.

Day 93: Watching and listening to General Conference.

Day 94: Today was the first day back to school after a 10-day spring break and two of my music classes today were cancelled due to an assembly and a field trip. I had extra time to get things accomplished and still relax during the day; I had a fabulous work day!!!

Day 95: Talking to my friend John after not seeing him for 3 weeks, and talking with my husband at bedtime.

Day 96: Videotaping one of my 5th grade music classes today with their completed project of creating a cartoon theme song. They have been working on it for a month, and they did an awesome job! I was so happy and so proud of them! And tonight, I loved watching Josh model how to use a lanyard with my computer flash drive attached. Since I'm always losing it, he got the lanyard so it would be easier to keep track of and it was hilarious as he demonstrated ways it could be used! SOOO funny!

Day 97: Having Kimi and Kerry over to watch a movie with Josh and I. And laughing after it was over about some of the extremely stupid parts.

Day 98: Watching TV with John, and eating his yummy food too!

Day 99: Going for a peaceful drive to the grocery store this evening with my sweet hubby, and eating ice cream in bed together tonight (the good, expensive kind of ice cream. yum yum yum!).

Day 100: Celebrating 13 years of marriage, and secretly attaching my card for him onto his bathroom mirror in the middle of the night so he'd unexpectedly see it first thing in the morning! And watching Amazing Race together as a family: we all love those cowboys Jet and Cord!

Day 101: I loved Family Home Evening tonight! I ended up with the Old Maid card at the end of the game and I said "I'm the old maid AND I got the old maid card" and they all disagreed with me saying that I'm not an old maid! That was nice of them! And we read a story in the Friend that talked about a boy befriending a boy at scouts that was being teased, and I gave my boys all homework to do something nice for a boy in each of their classes that doesn't have a lot of friends or gets teased, and they were all excited about the idea and they kept talking about all kinds of things they were going to do during this week! Next week they're going to share with the family what they did each day to help the boy they picked, and I can't wait to find out!!!

Day 102: The sunshine truly brought happiness to my soul today.

Day 103: Getting my hair cut and talking, eating, and laughing with Amanda!

Day 104: The sunshine was just glorious, and my students were so good all day. Tonight I took Ammon to see the H.S. play "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat"--they did a fabulous job!!

Day 105: Going to a hotel and going swimming in its waterpark as a family, just for the fun of it!

Day 106: Being with my family all day: going down waterslides this morning, laughing at Josh's big splashes, taking a family nap in the car on the way home (except for the driver of course), and going to see "Joseph" again all together as a family tonight! It was a beautiful day!

Day 107: I loved teaching my Sunday School lesson today about the life of Jesus Christ, and I enjoyed the presence of all the people who came to my class!

Day 108: I had a great work day, and it was topped off by a great Family Home Evening tonight! Kimi came over to visit this evening, and she played games with our family, too. When we played Old Maid, it got down to just me and her at the end, and thankfully, she was the last one with the Old Maid card. So, for the first time in weeks, I didn't have to claim the "Old Maid" title at the end of the game!!!

Day 109: I had a rough day--I officially dislike Tuesdays. But my day brightened when a new episode of Glee aired tonight, which hasn't happened in a couple of months. I was so excited to watch my Glee again!

Day 110: I loved that none of us had to go anywhere or do anything tonight. It was nice to have relaxing time at home with all the family together, and I could also catch up on some projects that have been nagging at my mind for a while now!

Day 111: I had a stressful afternoon, but I enjoyed relaxing with the boys tonight. We watched "MegaMind". It was cute and funny!

Day 112: I loved it when Josh came home from work this evening and french-kissed me in the kitchen while I was making dinner!! And tonight, I watched Yentl for the very first time. I watched it alone after everyone went to bed, and I loved it!

Day 113: Seeing and visiting with some of my drama friends from high school! I love to be around theater people, and I enjoyed catching up with some of my long-time friends that I haven't seen in 15+ years!

Day 114: Celebrating Easter in Tremonton with all my family. I loved being together with everyone, I loved the warm weather, I loved the good food, I loved the celebration!!

Day 115: I was happy to get a long list of things accomplished so that I feel more prepared for the first grade musical performances this week.

Day 116: I came home from work to the delicious aroma of dinner cooking. Josh made a lovely dinner, and we ate with the missionaries. It was nice to have company over and to relax this evening after spending hours yesterday working. And to top it off, I watched the new Glee episode after the kids went to bed, and I absolutely LOVED it!! It definitely put a smile on my face!

Day 117: Going to the ward party; it was a very informal one. Josh and I got to visit with ward members, the kids had a lot of fun, I totally kicked butt at the cookie wiggle game, and I just made a dessert for it so I didn't have to worry about making dinner.

Day 118: Watching my first grade music students as they performed their musical program "Celebrate Spring" for their parents. They did a great job and I was so proud of them! All of our hard work practicing paid off! Whew! So glad it's done, so that I can stop having nightmares about it now!

Day 119: Going on a date with my hubby. We went for a soak in the hot springs, sang to Lady Gaga in the car, got some pizza, and watched "Country Strong" at John's house on his big TV and with his surround sound. It was a great date and I really enjoyed it!

Day 120: I spent the afternoon with Amanda volunteering at a fundraiser dinner. We had so much fun together, and laughed a ton! I loved every minute of it! And tonight, we sang karaoke and danced with John and Josh and I enjoyed it so much!

No comments: