Monday, October 5, 2009

All 4 Fun, and...

We gave the boys a choice for our family fall vacation trip this year: either a day trip to Lagoon or camping at the St. Anthony Sand Dunes. After some discussion about what both choices included, all 3 older boys voted for Lagoon.
For weeks before the trip, the twins talked about what they would do at "Magoon". Ammon has been several times with both sets of grandparents and uncles and aunts, but the twins didn't remember it from the time I took them when they were 3. I still haven't forgotten it, which is why it took me another 3 years to return!!!
This was my favorite trip to Lagoon of my entire adult life! I was so happy all day! Josh and I took the 3 older boys, and my sisters Tawna and Trina came with us. My mom was gracious to babysit Kanyon for the day (he would've hated it because of the crowds and the noise), and they had a grand time together in our absence. It worked out wonderfully to have so many adults in our party, because every child always had a buddy to ride with. I enjoyed the company immensely; I loved being with my sisters, and I loved watching my boys have fun in the park. It was so worth every penny!
The park has changed a lot since I last went 3 years ago, and even more so since Josh last went 10 years ago! I loved riding some of the newer attractions: Cliffhanger, Dinosaur Egg Drop, the Bat, OdySea, and my ultimate favorite--Wicked. Ammon and I got soaked on Cliffhanger, and again on the Hydro Luge, and again on OdySea, and we all got wet on Rattlesnake Rapids! The weather was so nice, even for September, so we dried off in between rather fast.
Jonah was very hesitant to ride any of the rides, but I was insistent that he go on some, and thankfully by the afternoon he was more comfortable! We all went on the Roller Coaster twice, the first time he was scared out of his mind, but the second time he said it was fun!
Ammon and Micah were not scared at all to ride anything! They went on the Musik Express and the Jumping Dragon and the Tilt-A-Whirl, all of which spin rapidly and made me nauseous just looking at them! Thank goodness for my sisters who accompanied them on multiple rides!
Josh and I are too old for spinning rides, and apparently we are also now too old for Colossus. It kicked our butts--we were both a little sick the whole rest of the day after riding it. I remember riding it five times in a row as a teenager, I am sad to say those days are long gone!!!
I would love going back to Lagoon again now, and actually look forward to it! Maybe in a few years we can even go to Disneyland, the ultimate happy place!!!

after Cliffhanger

after Wicked

Musik Express (I love this photo--Ammon is laughing so hard, and Micah looks so frightened and is clinging to the rod!!!)

riding Puff (does Katrina look bored to you?! )

the Train

Tilt-A-Whirl

Dinosaur Egg Drop
Bumper Car smashing

Roller Coaster buddies

Sky Ride buddies

4 comments:

darcymae said...

we havent been to lagoon in years either. in fact lucy, who is four, hasnt ever been. i would consider myself a bad mother because of this if not for the fact that we did disneyland this year. lagoon just pales in comparison to that place (even though it costs just as much)!!

Sunshine Designed said...

Love, LOVE, LOVE your pics Kala- your so good at capturing a moment. I'm yet to do my Lagoon post. Now, it makes me want to. Glad you had such fun!

D'Neill said...

It looks like you had so much fun! It's always the best watching your kids enjoying life :)

Melissa said...

Hazel calls it "Magoon" too! In fact, she still asks us repeatedly, "When can we go to the Magoons again?"