Monday, February 23, 2009

LOL

Seriously, sometimes kids say the darndest things that bring out that unexpected moment of happiness in the midst of chaos.
I had several errands today, and at the grocery store stop, Jonah said "Mom, I want a fruit-fro-up". "Fruit Frowup?" I asked. "No, a Fruit FRO-UP!", he replied. "Ohhh, a fruit roll-up!!!"
After we got home from all our harried errands and the baby was ready to blow a gasket, I put Kanyon back in his room for a nap, and came out to the living room where Micah was building blocks. "Whew, the baby was sure crying a lot today", I told him. "I know, that's why I want a different baby", he said. What? I couldn't believe that, so I said "Micah, you would miss the baby if he was gone." He said nothing. "What are you building?" I asked him. "Norick City" was his reply. He was building tall towers of blocks to replicate New York City!!!
Kids...they can be the worst part of my day, and they are also definitely the best! They make me want to pull my hair out (most of it has fallen out anyways), and they also make me laugh the hardest, smile the biggest, and love the most!

4 comments:

Chris said...

My kinda kid I want to escacpe to New York sometimes too!!These stories are funny now and will be priceless in few years! Keep Smiling

Anonymous said...

There are people in Idaho doing the grocerysmarts thing. Check out www.pinchingyourpennies.com or www.hotcouponworld.com and you can get all kinds of help doing it! It's amazing! Hope this helps!

Tiffany said...

Ha that is funny, kids are awesome! I sure have a lot of respect for you Kayla you seem like you are such a great mom and anyone who has four boys has GOT TO BE a GREAT mom! Lifetime of fun!

Hailey Linger said...

Ooooohhhh, my side hurts. That is so flippin' funny. Jason's wondering what in the heck I'm laughing at. Thank you for that little treat.