Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ten Lessons of 2008

2008 was a difficult year for me. I'm determined to grow from my experiences. This is what I learned:
10. A relationship that takes years to develop can end in one day. (july)
9. Betrayal hurts the most when it's from someone that you trust. (october)
8. Vodka burns and is never the answer.
7. Everyone has gifts, everyone has talents meant to be used.
6. 29 is not THAT old.
5. Doing the right thing can be very difficult, and still is.
4. My husband really does care about me.
3. Best friends are hard to come by.
2. Honeymoons should never be postponed for 10 years.
1. I am blessed.

8 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Well, said! I hope 2009 proves better for you

Amy - said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. I enjoy your insight and thoughts! :)

EmWJ said...

I learned that you can find friends online and continue to learn from them! :)

Hailey Linger said...

I'm proud of you Kala. It was a rough year for you. I think you should give yourself more credit. You have amazingly pulled through things many people would never even be able to comprehend. You have a huge capacity to love and give that is phenomenal. You have many qualities that I envy and I look to you as a source of strength all the time. I'm not sure I would have been able to make it through my year without you. Thanks for the ice cream and FunYuns! You know me too well. I guess that's what kindred spirits do.

Tawna said...

You have learned a lot this year. I love the times when I grow the most, after very difficult experiences. I know that Heavenly Father puts those experiences in our life to challenge us for the better. I love you and think you are wonderful!!

Emily said...

Kala- WTH? What is going on? I think I need a long email and more details. Sending you good thoughts- it was so great to see you the other night.

D'Neill said...

You've learned more this year than some people learn in a lifetime! You are such a great person...I hope you know that.

Sunshine said...

I just want to know about your experiences with Vodka! :) and I totally agree with you! Lots of Love