Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas Pleasures

This was the first year since Josh and I have been married that we had Christmas morning at our OWN house. We've always either opened gifts at my parents' or his parents' home. Josh loved the quietness of it, I missed the commotion.
After we inspected all of Santa's gifts, the present-opening began. But with a rotation of only 6 people, 1 of which who wasn't interested in opening gifts (Kanyon), and 2 of which didn't have many presents under the tree (Josh & I), all the gifts were opened super fast!
We ate Christmas dinner that afternoon at Josh's parents home with them and his two brothers. Overall, it was a pretty uneventful day as far as Christmases go!!!


When I was a little girl, I used to arrange all my new presents and take a photo to remember them. I like my tradition, and now I make my boys do it too (although they are less than thrilled to participate in it on Christmas Day!!!).

Ammon's favorite gift this year was the Guitar Hero game that Santa brought him for his Nintendo DS. But he also loved his new sled from Santa, and the GameCube games he got from mom & dad and uncle Mick.


Jonah's favorite item was the sled that Santa gave him. He used it the entire Christmas afternoon in all the new snow, but hasn't been able to use it since due to the warm spring-like weather that occurs within 24 hours of each snowfall.


Micah's favorite item was the bike from Santa, even though he said for weeks before that the only thing he wanted was a snow shovel. He did, however, use the snow shovel a LOT on Christmas day to help make a sled run, but hasn't been able to use it since either.


Kanyon wasn't really interested in opening anything, and he wasn't as overly excited as his brothers about what Santa brought him. His favorite gift was actually the little matchbox car Aunt Katrina gave him. She gave a car to each boy, and Kanyon snatched up all four as his own and played with them the whole day. Ahhh, simple treasures sometimes bring the greatest pleasures!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. Tell your mom thanks for the nice compliment. And I love when kids ask for things like tape measures and shovels. It's the best!

Debra said...

It looks like your kids are just as spoiled as ours...Fun Fun!!! That's funny that he asked for a shovel. Last year, the only thing Bekkah asked for was PJ's...Good for them! I Love the little Ho Ho Ho Santa notes. Very cute!