Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Timpanogos Cave

We hiked to Timpanogos Cave and took a tour of it this past Sunday. It was a mile and a half hike up to it. In spots it's really steep, but the nice part about it is that it is all paved!

There are some really cool sights along the hike, including these hand-made tunnels and this peculiar-shaped tree.
























It took us an hour to get to the cave entrance, another hour to tour the cave, and forty-five minutes to walk back to the visitor center. It was grueling on all the muscles in the legs!!

It was so neat to see all the different rock formations in the three adjoining caves. The boys thought it was so coooool!

This is a photo of a stalactite and a stalagmite that haven't quite yet formed together.

This is a photo of cave popcorn and helectites (formations that look like worms).

The weather was absolutely perfect, and we had a great time together. This is yet another cool rock on the hike, and the only photo of all of us together.

1 comment:

Sunshine Designed said...

I think my heart thumped a little faster as I saw all the TICA pictures and could remember the smell of the cave. I miss those days. So carefree and fun in the sun and darkness. It is a smell I will always relate to my Ranger days. Ahhh, nostalgia! I'm glad you all had a fun safe trip. I can't wait to get to go again!