Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Sons Day!

Happy Sons Day to my fantastic four: Ammon, Kanyon, Jonah, and Micah!

Last year on Mother's Day, Ammon asked when "Sons Day" was. I told him that Sons Day is Every Day, 365 days a year! Well, this year on Mother's Day, he asked again.
"When is Sons Day?" he asked me.
"There is no such day" I told him.
"Well, if Mothers have a day and Fathers have a day, then I think Sons should have a day."
Hmmmmm, I thought about it for a minute and replied "Okay, we'll have a Sons Day."

At the beginning of summer, I usually buy the boys their summer sandals. So I decided that this year, instead of "Let's go buy our summer sandals today Day", I would make it be the occasion of "Sons Day". So the day after school got out, and it was officially summer, I told them it was "Sons Day". Ammon thought that was perfect, since it was in between Mothers and Fathers Day. He got to go golfing with dad, Jonah and Micah got to play at a friend's house, and Kanyon got to spend some time alone with me. I purchased the 3 older boys a new set of Crocs in the color they wanted. They also got a candy bar of their choice. So there we have it: Sons Day 2008. Although, to me, it still sounds like every other day of the 365 days a year!!!

4 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Very Awesome Idea- I could have Daughter Day! So have you read anymore of Sue Munk Kidd's Novels? If so, please recommend one!

EmWJ said...

Kala! What a cute blog and what handsome men! I love the idea of Sons Day, what a nice mommy-moment that they'll remember.

Emily :)

4funboys said...

what a great idea!!

D'Neill said...

You are such a fun mom! O.k., I love the crocs, too. I didn't let my boys pick theirs out, I told them they had to have the camoflauge (sp?) ones :-). I love this picture of your boys. It reminds me of my kids, my first was a chunk of a baby (but mine is a girl!) and then my twins are just these skinny little things, then my other girl? A chunk. My one little guy, the smaller of the twins, is 7 and weighs 40 lbs. My 2 year old weighs 33, and I'm afraid is going to pass him!