Friday, December 14, 2018

At the top of the hill--not over it yet!!!

I turned 39 in August! 

Since then, I've thought a few times that I'm already 40, but I'm NOT!! I'm not over the hill YET, and that's something to celebrate, right?! 

I had a super awesome, very relaxing birthday and I felt very spoiled! I'm so blessed to have such loving, incredible people in my life who know how to make a girl feel special!

One of my besties Darcy gave me a spa pedicure, which is was AMAZING!! She is a fantastic nail technician, and I enjoyed her gift so much; it was a very giving act of love! I'm so blessed to have her as my friend! 



My friends in Terreton surprised me with a party at Rosalba's house the day before my birthday after I'd worked at school registration all afternoon. The celebration was complete with flowers, delicious homemade cake and flan, and awesome hot air balloon decorations that Tanis brought (my classroom theme). I felt so loved! These ladies have been my saving grace since moving away from Salmon, and I am so grateful for their friendship and acceptance! We have so much fun together, as well as make heart-to-heart connections. I've never been part of such a special group of women like this before, and they mean the world to me!




Rosalba, Angie, Tannis, Lidia, and me (missing Val)


On my actual birthdate, I wanted to spend the day relaxing. My birthday was right in the middle of a stressful week full of travelling: I went to Mud Lake on Saturday with the twins to attend one of my former student's baptisms, then the twins helped me move furniture in my classroom, and I took them school shopping in Idaho Falls and to the Mud Lake Fair. On Monday, I went back down to Terreton to work in my classroom some more and go to the 3-hour registration that night. Tuesday was my birthday. Wednesday I went back to Terreton to work some more in my classroom while Kanyon went to XC camp. On Thursday, Josh and I drove with Ammon to Moscow to help him get set up at school. And...on Saturday, our family drove to Stanley for a Tolman Family Reunion. So, in one week's time I had 5 full day trips: hence the reason I just wanted to stay home and relax on my birthday!

Darcy was a dream and took the day off work to binge watch "our" show together. We had been watching the series "Outlander" almost every Tuesday night all summer long, and in order to finish it before I left for school, we'd need to spend an entire day watching it. I went to her house that morning, and we watched several episodes before taking a lunch break. We went to Last Chance Pizza to pick up some pasta, and took it back to the house to eat while we watched. Josh surprised me with dinner he made--my favorite meal of ham and potatoes au gratin. I was impressed--it was the first time he'd ever made the potatoes on his own, and they were so good! It was so thoughtful of him! We watched several more episodes, and finally stopped late that evening. We were 4 episodes short of finishing it, however, but made plans to finish it over my harvest break in September. Spending the day with Darcy was the best possible way for me to spend the day, and I was so appreciative that she put her life on hold for the day to be with me!

 


 
When I got home that night, Josh surprised me again with my favorite pie: strawberry rhubarb! He got it courtesy of Marie Callendar, and it was SO yummy!!! I loved that he paid attention to the little details that mean so much to me! He is my favorite person, and I'm so lucky to be his wife!

No comments: