Sunday, December 18, 2016

Week 50

{December 12 - 18}

On Monday after school, I taught two piano lessons, quickly made dinner, then Ammon and Kanyon went into town to their respective basketball practices. I picked Kanyon up when his hour-long practice was done, and he helped me deliver the 12 Days of Christmas gift that evening in the snow! We had a short Family Home Evening when we got back home, and had dessert when Ammon returned home from his basketball practice.


On Tuesday night, Josh went to his monthly golf course meeting. I worked on making my mom's Christmas photo calendar when he was gone, but the process was so slow due to our horrible internet!
Josh captured the gorgeous sunrise at the
snow-covered golf course that morning. 


Wednesday evening was hectic. Kanyon went to scouts right after school, Ammon had two basketball practices that afternoon and evening, I taught two piano lessons in town. After my lessons were done, and Kanyon's scout meeting was finished, we ate at Burger King together. I dropped him off at his basketball practice and went over to the high school for the twins' band concert (Josh had gone home after driving bus to pick them up and bring them to the high school). The winter music concert was in the commons room, so it was separated into different times for the multiple bands and choirs to perform in order to fit the audience in the small space. Jonah and Micah's Jr. Salmon band played in the first allotted section of time, following the 6th grade band. They had three musical selections: "Just Dance", "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", and "Pirates of the Caribbean". Jonah plays the trumpet again this year, and Micah is still on the trombone. Their band sounded really good, especially on the first two songs. The last song was pretty complicated, but they did well with all the key changes, tempo changes, and difficult rhythms. After they were done playing, I went back to the elementary school to watch Kanyon play basketball for a little bit (it was his very last basketball practice) and then he came back with me back to the high school again to watch the choirs perform. When we left the school to go home, the snow was really coming down!


Payton, Jonah, Nathan, and Micah are all buddies in band together.
We couldn't find Erik, their other friend, to join them in the picture. 

He was a great shot! Lightning was one of his favorite
games to play, because he was so good at it!


I was very impressed with the order and skills that the coaches provided!

Kanyon received a new shirt, a new basketball, a
drink, and a healthy snack from his coaches!


School was cancelled on Thursday due to the amount of snow received overnight that hadn't been plowed. The boys were actually hoping to go to school, rather than have a snow day, but they were happy to play in the new 8 inches outside. Ammon had his first home basketball game scheduled at 5:30 that night, but unfortunately, it was cancelled, too. I used the free day to work on my mom's calendar gift practically the entire day! Josh kept busy most of the day by helping to plow snow at the bus parking lot and golf course.

Kanyon made a base for a snowman, but it ended up
being a fort wall because the top two layers never got
added on the top!


I had a hair appointment on Friday morning. After 2 1/2 years of pink bangs, I changed out my pink to red, but it looks more like burnt orange! Oh well--with my black and white stripe on top of it, it's the mark of a true Savage! (our school colors here are black, orange, and white). I had a doctor appointment that afternoon, which made me feel more anxious about some health concerns, rather than at ease, and I had some lab work done and additional doctor appointments scheduled as a result. I went to the High School's opening night of the play "Noises Off". Josh came with me, and he helped me with the concessions stand, which I was so grateful for! The play was hilarious, and it made me forget my worries, at least for a bit!
It snowed another inch or so!

The cast did a great job!

I was in this play my junior year of high school, and loved it even back then!


The twins had a YM/YW activity on Saturday afternoon, and as we were driving into town to go to it, we stopped at the scene of a car that had slid off the road right before the one-lane Shoup Bridge.  I'd originally told Josh not to stop, because there was a man and his son at the scene, too, and the son had been bullying my boys at school (we'd been trying to take care of the problem through the principal, but she wasn't really being very helpful regarding the situation) and I thought it was their car. It was actually the car of one of Ammon's friends that had slid off the road, so Josh got out to help. He got a tow rope that he'd recently purchased, and he attached it to her car and the other fellow's truck, and he got behind her steering wheel as the truck pulled the car out. It helped heal my hurt heart, seeing him do service alongside the father of the boy who'd been bullying  my kids. Once we arrived in town, the twins played human foosball and had a fabulous time. Josh did some Christmas shopping while they were at the church, and I worked at the library on the calendar for my parent's Christmas present. The library's internet is WAY faster than mine, so uploading photos is much easier to do there, and I got a lot of work done in that one hour while the twins were at their activity! Ammon had a home basketball game scheduled for 6:30 that night, but it was cancelled AGAIN due to the cold (it had been in the negatives all day). Since the game was cancelled, Josh and I decided to go out to dinner instead. He'd been craving prime rib, so we went to the 28 Club and invited John and Amanda to join us. We had a nice time with them, and even went to karaoke afterwards, which we haven't done in a LONG time. Dan's Follies is now at the Owl Club rather than the Inn. It wasn't very busy there, and the environment was relaxing, so we had a good time.


Church was cancelled on Sunday due to the cold. We'd been basically shut in since Thursday, when school had been cancelled and we were all starting to go stir-crazy!!!

No comments: