Saturday, December 31, 2016

December 2016 on FB

December 1: We watched this movie tonight. I looooved it!


December 2 [posted by Josh]: Today's big accomplishment was to find the family Christmas tree, and we even found a bit of snow to go with it. #christmastree #idahome #2L #family #snow #mountains


December 4: We left Disneyland 10 days ago, and up until last night, I've dreamt about it every night since we left! I've woken up every morning feeling happy as a result, but i was kind of sad this morning when I woke up because I didn't experience Disney in my dreams last night. It feels like I'm officially back to reality today.


December 5 [posted by Josh]: It's finally starting to look like winter around here! #salmonvalleygolfcourse #2L #idahome #golflife #wintertime

December 5: I have always loved staring at decorated Christmas trees aglow in the quiet calm of the night, usually after the kids have gone to bed. This year is no exception! I just love our tree!


December 6 [posted by Josh]: A little basketball action with @ammon12tolman #basketball #11 #salmonsavages at Belgrade High School


December 9 [posted by Josh]: I'm a little behind, bit I finally got my Christmas lights "hung!" #santasmissingareindeer #christmaslights #idahome #redneck #countrylife


December 11: Christmas Cantata tonight was awesome! I loved listening to the messages of love and worship sung by the choir and the soloists!


December 13 [posted by Josh]: My favorite time of year at the golf course. #sunrise #wintertime #idahome #2L #salmonvalleygolfcourse


December 14 [posted by Josh]: Today's feature is our winter golf course residents. #wildlife #golfcourseresidents #idahome #2L


December 16: Just saw our high school's production of "Noises Off"! I loved it! The last time I saw this play, I was in it (a good 20 years ago or so in high school)! It was so fun to be on the other side of the stage this time! The play is hilarious and the kids did a great job! If you live in Salmon, go see it on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday next week! I'll definitely be going back!


December 18: We were on our way to town this afternoon and came upon one of Ammon's friends who'd slipped off the road. Josh just happened to have recently purchased a thick, new tow rope because he'd had the feeling he would need it in the near future. He got it out, put it on her car (in below zero weather), got into the driver's seat, and another man who'd stopped at the scene pulled her out with his truck. Glad she was okay, that her car was unharmed, and that my husband listens to promptings and stops to help others in need. (In the 1st pic, he's under the car attaching the tow rope) #lighttheworld


December 20 [posted by Ammon]: Lost a great friend today and an even better man. He was my golfing buddy and a fellow lefty, Rest In Peace Ray we will miss you man. It was an honor knowing you, thanks for all the awesome memories I'll never forget ya. 😢⛳️

December 21 [posted by Josh]: Well buddy...I hope there is some darn good golf courses up there to keep you entertained. Your smile, jokes, and giving spirit will definitely be missed here. Thanks for the great memories. You will be forever in our hearts.

December 21 [posted by Josh]: And yet the sun will rise another day... #reflecting #contemplative #wintersunrise #forthebeautyoftheearth


December 26 [posted by Ammon]: "There's only 364 days until next Christmas" 


December 27: Thanks Josh for a badly-needed, very useful, much-appreciated gift this year! They're the nicest snow boots I've had since I was a teenager. And they've especially come in handy with all this wonderful snow!


December 28: We took down the tree and all the Christmas decorations yesterday as it snowed another 2 inches outside (bringing our snowfall total to 15 inches in the last 2 weeks!). Today the house feels so much bigger, and also more empty, without everything up!


December 29: We finally started the annual Christmas break puzzle last night, and when the boys woke up this morning, they went right back to working on it again! How fun to find them working on something constructive together! Thanks Aunt Janet for the great gift!

December 29: 24 hours after starting it, we finished the 1000 piece puzzle! That may just be a record for us!


December 31 [posted by Ammon]: Shot my first elk today!

No comments: