Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 42

{October 17 - 23}

Josh captured the beauty of the season in the changing of the leaves on the large Maple tree in the backyard on Monday:


Josh began making homemade jerky on Tuesday night. He also purchased a meat slicer over the weekend so he could make sliced jerky strips for the first time, too.


On Wednesday, the high school XC team traveled to Harriman State Park in Island Park for their District Championship race. It was a long drive, so they left that morning, with Josh driving the bus. The team had run that course three weeks prior, and had been having altitude practices every week in between to help them prepare for the District race. The weather was totally different this time around, and there was snow on the ground and it was cold. Not the best conditions, but even so, Ammon beat his previous time at that course by 13 seconds. He beat out a runner from Firth by one one-hundredth of a second to get 10th place (and win a medal) with a time of 19:31:0. YAY! The Salmon boys team got 2nd place, which meant they qualified to go to the state meet, and the Salmon girls team got 1st place overall.
The boys varsity team doing warm-ups

Ready for the race to begin!



The team even built some snowmen spectators along the race route!

Top Ten boy runners

1st place girls team!

2nd place boys team!


On Thursday evening, Kanyon's friend Ava and her mom joined us for our monthly dinner date. We ate lasagna, garlic bread, salads, and had ice cream for dessert. Kanyon and Ava had a fun time playing together after dinner, and it was nice to visit with Phoebe.
An art project that Kanyon did in library. It perfectly depicts the gorgeous
colors of the extra warm fall season we've had this year!

Kanyon and his friend (since 1st grade) Ava


On Friday, I went to Mud Lake for the 3rd time to spend the day observing Mrs. Hall in the 5th grade again at Terreton Elementary. I had another awesome day, and I got home in time for us to watch the senior night football game (coincidentally against West J). Well, we watched most of the game, anyway.


On Saturday, I worked on my college social studies class mostly all day. That afternoon, Josh gave me a break and took me on a motorcycle ride up to Sunset Heights. I enjoyed it so much! The colors were so vibrant and beautiful! And I sincerely love riding with Josh! It makes me super happy!




On Sunday, I finished my project for my college class Application of Elementary Social Studies Methods, and passed! Woo-hoo!

No comments: