Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 2016 on FB

June 3: 7 months ago these toes were in mexico. I haven't repainted them since because every time I looked at them, I remembered how they looked when they were on the beautiful sandy beaches there. I have only one tiny sliver of pink paint left on just one toenail. It's the last visual remnant I have on my body from my mexico trip, and I'm sad to see it go!

June 4: I did it! Completed my first 5k with this awesome lady!

June 4: Ziplined 10 lines today at heise hot springs! It was soooo fun! Thanks for a good time ladies! [Jen and I went with Lexi and friends]

June 6 [posted by Ammon]: 6 a.m. Golf Sesh

June 6: Hello summer! It's 90 degrees already today. So glad we can cool off in the backyard!

June 11: at Crystal Hot Springs with the boys!

June 14: After years of trying to grow these, I finally picked some for the first time from our garden today! They were tiny but deliciously fresh!

June 16 [posted by Josh]: 39° and some fresh snow on the divide this morning. 

June 17 [posted by Josh]: It is almost the longest day of the year and still have frost delays at the golf course. {it was 33 degrees this morning} ‪


June 18: Josh and the boys were quite smitten with the fire-truck-modified golf cart today at the Salmon car show. I personally loved the little pink Nash. Apparently we are just (literally) small-car folks!


June 19 [posted by Josh]: Happy Father's day to the two greatest men that I know. They have both taught me so much about hard work, and about being a better husband and father. Thank you dad, and Pa-aa.

June 19: Josh's young cousin Judson passed away this morning. He always made us laugh! We sure loved him and we will miss him. One of my favorite memories of him was when he played in our ditch a few summers ago, during a low-water time, and he came out covered in mud and was so delighted about it!


June 19: One summer day two years ago, we visited Aunt Linette's house and Judson was SO happy to show us the new baby kittens they had. He gently carried them all one-by-one from their safe location downstairs, and he and Kanyon loved holding the baby bundles of fur outside! Kanyon and Judson both share a love of animals. Judson loved unconditionally, and we will miss his generous and giving spirit!

June 19: One time when Judson was visiting our house, he did something that upset my boys. Nobody can recall now what that was, though. However, right after that happened, he found a pen and wrote this on the wall right outside the twins' door. I have never tried to wash it off, because I just loved the sweet, innocent, incorrectly spelled (and then fixed) message, complete with a smiley face. And I'm so grateful that the words are still there--and will be forever. Because although Judson's body is no longer on this earth, part of him will always be in our home. <3 p="">

June 24: Thank you so much to the 'secret sister' who left me this basket today! A few months ago at a women's church activity, i was telling the ladies how I don't like "secret sister" activities because two of the three stake young women's camps I went to as a teenager, we were supposed to do daily gifts for an anonymous person. Although I created thoughtful gifts for the girls who's names I'd drawn, i didn't get anything in return during either of those two camps! I remember feeling so sad and crying alone when everyone else got their gifts, and it made young women's camp a bitter memory for me. I'm so appreciative to the thoughtful secret sister who lovingly put this together for me! It means a lot! 💗

June 25: The funeral for cousin Judson today was beautiful, funny, emotional, and spiritual. He has an amazing family whom we love very much! I loved that his casket presented some of his artwork, as well as the paper that the funeral program was printed on. Can you see the image of the elk that he drew? It reminded me of a memory of a family event at a church in Pocatello a few years ago...we were eating and chatting together inside, and some of the kids were playing outside. Judson came running in saying there was a moose outside! Since he was known to be a prankster, and we were in the middle of a suburb, we didn't believe him at first, but he wouldn't give up on having people come look at the moose that he saw. So some of the other kids went out, and came back in confirming the sight, which then the adults finally went out to see for themselves. And sure enough, there was a mama moose with its baby just across the field from the church! He had an eye for beauty, and a gift for spreading love and laughter!

 June 25: I will forever remember Jud as the goofy, funny, loving, and generous boy that he was. I've always loved this photo of some of my kids with their Franson cousins (taken on a rainy day when we were visiting them and were unprepared for the weather). Judson always made me laugh, even when he was frowning!!!

June 25: Judson's motto was "Never Give Up!". Thanks for the inspiration, Juddy Buddy.

June 25 [posted by Josh]: Had the opportunity to say goodbye for now to one of the most loving, caring,talented people I know today. If you never experienced a bear hug from Judson (whether you knew him or not) then you hadn't really lived. Until we meet again Juddy Buddy, we won't ever give up.

June 29 [posted by Josh]: No matter what else happens, the sun continues to rise every morning. ‪#‎2L‬ ‪#‎salmonvalleygolfcourse‬ ‪#‎superintendentlife‬ ‪#‎golflife‬

No comments: