Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 2016 on FB

May 2: I found my 12-year-old twins sleeping on the floor in the living room recently because they'd fallen asleep watching a movie. They were sharing one pillow, and I snapped a pic because it reminded me of a photo taken of them when they were about one month old. They were sharing a pillow then, too, because they'd just graduated to sharing one crib at the NICU (they'd been in separate incubators before then). It melts my heart to know that they are still so close!

May 5: Josh took me on a motorcycle ride tonight. It was heavenly! The world smells divine with all the blooming lilacs and blossoming trees right now!

May 6: Micah ran well at the district track meet today. He gets down on himself for not being at the front of the pack, and i keep telling him that with time he will be (most of the runners he raced against this year were older 7th and 8th graders). After the meet was over, I treated him to dinner and he smiled when he opened his fortune cookie because it reaffirmed what I'd been telling him ;).

May 8 [posted by Ammon]: Well, I guess I better join everybody else and write a sappy post about my mom cuz it's Mother's Day haha. I guess my mom is pretty okay sometimes 😉 she's the best mom I've ever had 😅 and even though she embarasses the crap out of me, I'm glad she comes and supports me and my brothers at all of our games and events no matter what, don't tell her I said that though. If any picture describes her it's this one 😝 happy Mother's Day Kala Tolman I love you.

May 10 [posted by Josh]: Congratulations Salmon Savage golfers. Boys district champs,girls 2nd place, both headed to state!

May 13: I think this is the best year for lilacs that I've ever seen! I love the sight and smell of them!

May 14: Amazing Race (the only show our whole family watches together) is now done for the season, and we're all disappointed in who won it this time around. [the dancers won, but we really wanted the gay guys to]

May 15 [posted by Josh]: Well, after 10 hours of driving, dodging several deer,elk,moose,antelope,and idiotic drivers, one broken down bus, one trip from Arco,back to Gilmore, back to Arco,then on to Boise. We finally made it to the golf course in Nampa. Good luck at state tomorrow boys and girls! I am going to bed!

May 16 [posted by Josh]: And he's off. Hit em straight Ammon! ‪#‎stategolf‬

May 17 [posted by Josh]: Gearing up for day 2. @ammon12tolman ‪#‎stategolf‬ ‪#‎gosavages‬ ‪#‎comeback‬

May 23: Josh and I both only went to Disneyland once each when we were kids. And neither of us have ever been back. This is the year we're taking our kids on their "ONCE" trip there, too! We just booked our hotel reservations last night for November's trip, and I gotta admit it made me a little giddy with excitement!

May 25: This is what it looks like to meet my college class deadlines miraculously ahead of schedule! Ahhhh.... so happy to finally take a moment just to breathe and enjoy the sights, smells, and sounds of spring.

May 25: Tonight was the Awards Ceremony at SHS...these two unknowingly dressed alike! What a handsome, classy, talented duo!

May 30: Today has been a glorious taste of the summer that's about to begin (only 1 1/2 more days of school left). We worked and played together as a family: planting the garden and pumpkin patch, then going on a motorcycle ride, hiking, and cooking tinfoil dinners over a campfire. I've truly loved spending the day with my family today!

No comments: