Sunday, April 10, 2016

Week 14

{April 4 - 10}

On Monday, Ammon had a home golf tournament in Salmon. It started at 10am, and just as the golfers were heading out to start the meet, the weather turned yucky: windy, rainy, and cold. I watched Ammon golf a few holes at the beginning of the meet and then watched him play 2 more holes during my lunch break. He didn't play his best, but he did fairly well. He scored a 92, and got 4th place overall.







Monday was the first day of track practice for Jonah and Micah. Jonah's knees were still all scabby, so he couldn't run (his walk was still impaired at that point). He did one warm-up and watched the rest of the team. When they received the schedules at the end of practice, and he saw that it was only a 4-week sport with only 4 meets to attend, he decided to switch sports and not do track after all. Since it would be days before he could run, he'd most likely have to skip the first meet, so he felt better about doing soccer (which doesn't start until May) instead. Jonah's more of a team sport player, and Micah does better with individual sports, so I think the decision was a good one for both of them. Now Micah can run track without feeling direct competition with his twin brother.

Monday night was the NCAA Basketball Championship Game. I've never been so into it before--but very surprisingly, I was the only one who picked the correct top two teams for the championship game on my bracket, so I was very invested in it! We paused the game during Family Home Evening, and then finished it afterward. The team I'd picked lost in the final second of the game. It was SO close!

On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings, I spent a LOT of time on my college classes: I had an hour-long cohort, a mentor appointment to go over my failed assessment, I fixed my paper and re-submitted it (and it passed!), I took a pre-assessment, and started doing homework for my most difficult class of the semester. Josh was completely amazing: he made dinners, helped Kanyon with homework, washed the dishes, and helped with the kids and the house. He was such a huge help to me, and he did it without me asking and without complaint. I love that man so much!  

Thursday was such beautiful weather, I decided to take a break from school work to go outside and enjoy it! The boys all did, too!
The first pansies of the season!

Kanyon driving his R/C Terrain Twister on the grass (Josh and I are in the
hammock swings, as evident by the shadows!)

Jonah and Micah playing basketball together

Josh feeding his horses

They've all enjoyed these recent visits!

On Friday, I took Ammon to the dentist so he could get his two cavities filled. We did a little bit of shopping, and were home by late evening.

Saturday was another beautiful day. I alternated my time between working on my college inside and working on projects outside. I hung up the two Japanese glass balls that I got from my Grandpa under the deck. I love looking at them there! We want to add a third to the last section between the support beams.


The first tulip of the season!!

The first water of the season came down the ditch on Saturday, too. As soon as he saw that, Kanyon got out his homemade boat (made from a milk carton) that he built at scouts last month. He attached a string to it and floated it in the ditch. Then he started floating lots of other things, and tried the Terrain Twister in the water too (and it worked!). It was a joy to see water in the ditch! And as a result, the boys all played outside the rest of the afternoon!


On Saturday afternoon, Josh took me on a motorcycle ride to the Amish store. It's one of my favorite places to go on the motorbike, and I'm glad we're making a monthly tradition out of it! When we got home, Josh went golfing with Ammon, and when they came back home, Josh decided to take me out on a date to the 28 Club for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. It was a delicious dinner, and luckily Josh got the LAST prime rib of the night when we arrived! I absolutely loved everything about Saturday!!!

Today, Josh and I celebrated our 18th anniversary! We unexpectedly both bore our testimonies in church. I lost the guessing game, and made cookies for our family and the Hobbs family. Josh and I rode the motorbike into town tonight to take them cookies, and we stayed for a bit and played Rook with them, too. I always have fun playing that game with them! I think we should make it a monthly tradition!!

No comments: