Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7

{February 15 - 21}

This has been a relatively uneventful week, so I hardly have any photos of its happenings. On Monday, we were off of school for President's Day. Josh drove the high school boys basketball team to their first day of District competition. Ammon had community service that morning, and I worked on my college class all day. Jonah, Micah, and Kanyon were happy to be home relaxing all day, doing their own thing. The twins had basketball practice in the evening, and after that, our Family Home Evening was watching the Grammy's and eating pumpkin dessert. We had a family guessing contest with different categories and we guessed who the winners would be. We started it late; when we turned the TV on, Lady Gaga was performing her David Bowie song tribute, which I loved and I'm so glad we didn't miss it! I've produced a Grammy's guessing contest for high schoolers and middle schoolers for the past 6 years, so I was grading all the music department's papers throughout the Grammy's as well. Ammon won our family's contest with 9 points. I got 6 points, and the other boys got 5 and 4 points.


On Tuesday, Josh surprised me by taking my car in the middle of the day to rotate the tires.When I used my car to leave the school at lunch time, I noticed he'd put in a new air freshener and left me some of my new favorite pop, too (vanilla pepsi with real sugar). I loved that he was thinking of me! It totally made my day! Josh drove the bus again to the second day of high school boys basketball district tournament; they left in the afternoon and he got home around midnight. Our team played terrible, and were out of the tournament after that.

Wednesday night seems to always be our busy day. I had a piano lesson after school, and Ammon had community service, so the 3 younger boys rode the bus home. When I got home, I helped Kanyon with his homework, and got some items ready to display for scouts before heading back into town again with the 3 younger boys. Jonah and Micah had basketball practice at 6. I took Kanyon to the store to get a few items we needed before taking him to his Blue and Gold Banquet which started at 6:30. The theme was "cubs around the world", and we had to bring items to decorate a table from one country. Kanyon was in charge of representing the country England. I should've taken a picture of it--I thought about it, but I forgot to. Jonah and Micah came over to the church for Young Men's when basketball practice was over, and Josh joined Kanyon and I at scouts when he got back from his bus route. We enjoyed the company during the dinner (we sat by Gina, Stacie, and Mark), and I relayed to Josh the conversation I'd had with Kanyon's teacher that day about his concerns regarding Josh's facebook posting of Kanyon's valentine's bag that had been decorated with an "acid" theme. {rolling my eyes}

On Thursday, Ammon went to his 2nd day of snowboarding with the school. He had a great time, and had a little accident at the end of the day, but he'd landed his first 360 that day, which was a highlight for him. Kanyon took his pinewood derby car and his medal made from a moose antler to school for his first assigned show and tell day. He's been waiting for 2 months for his show and tell day, and he said that was his best part of the day. On Thursday night, I went to the relief society activity with Kerry. It was a "spa night": they made bath scrubs, had a time of relaxation on the floor, and we pulled sister's names out of a basket to do secret service acts for. I had a nice time, and was glad that Kerry came with me to it.

On Friday, I worked on my college class almost all day, and worked on coordinating with my sisters and our pianist the musical numbers for my Grandpa's upcoming funeral on Monday. On Friday evening our family went to the Hobbs' house for dinner. Oh my gosh, it was such a treat!!! Gina made us homemade fajitas, cheese enchiladas, chips and homemade salsa, and spanish rice. The whole meal was so delicious! Then afterwards, the kids watched a couple of movies as David & Gina and Josh & I chatted and played "Rook" together. We had SO much fun! We laughed a ton, and had such an enjoyable time (and I forgot to take any photos again, but here's one of David and Gina I took last year in February)!!

Saturday morning we slept in. That's such a treat in the winter months! I sleep in whenever possible year-round, but Josh never can during the summer months. Ammon had community service again, and the twins did their weekly chore of hauling and stacking wood on our back deck, and Kanyon worked on putting away his laundry. I took Kanyon to go grocery shopping with me that afternoon as well, and he was a great helper. He asked to go to ShopKo afterwards, and he purchased a new game for his XBox with some of his birthday money. The Linger's came over for dinner that evening. It was Josh's month to invite a family, and we had a great time with them! We ate taco soup, nachos, and salad. We played SkipBo with the boys afterwards, and then we ate some of Hailey's delicious brownies. We had a nice time with them, and the kids got along great together.

Today, Jonah and Micah were the youth speakers in Sacrament meeting. They did a fabulous job! I was so proud of them; they researched and wrote their talks yesterday all on their own. Their topic was the general youth theme for the year: "Press Forward with a steadfastness in Christ". They worked together to make sure each other had written different things on the subject, and they practiced saying it and timed themselves to make sure it was long enough. Then they wrote their final drafts, and presented it so nicely at the pulpit today. We left after Sacrament meeting to come to Utah because my Grandpa's funeral is in Farmington tomorrow. I drove the boys in the suburban, and Josh drove the silver car until Pocatello. We left the car in Pocatello because tomorrow, after the funeral, he has to drive to Boise for work meetings, and it was shorter for him to do that than to drive all the way back home to Salmon and then drive to Boise. The boys watched "Ant Man" as I drove, and I was glad when we reached Pocatello, so Josh could be in the car with us, too. When we got to my parents house about 5:30, we ate dinner (p.s. my mom makes the best potato salad EVER), and then everyone sat around talking, reminiscing, playing games, and telling stories about Grandpa. The girls and I practiced our songs for tomorrow a few times, too. It has been such a pleasant evening! The boys' favorite part was playing hide and seek in the dark. They turned off all the lights in the house, and hid as whoever was "it" had to find them. It was so funny to hear them laughing and giggling. It's so nice when my boys get to make memories with their cousins/aunts/uncles/grandparents!
Kanyon playing "chest" with Grandpa. Grandpa won.

Mom, Lisa, Mick, and Tabbi talking in the kitchen after dinner.

Aspen, Kanyon, Grandpa, Ammon, Tabbi, and Lisa playing Chinese Checkers.

Sunny playing chess all by herself.

No comments: