Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016 on FB

January 1: Day 15 of our 17-Day Christmas Break: Josh picked up the boys from their friends' houses following their NYE sleepovers, Josh had to go to work for a couple hours, I worked on my college class some more and wrote and submitted yet another paper (this class feels neverending!), the boys HAPPILY played minecraft on their ipods all day (so I guess they're not really ready to go back to school yet), I worked on posting a blog about my Mexico trip (trying to catch up!), Josh watched more college football games on TV (the bowl games have been disappointing this year), and Josh and I went out tonight with friends to do karaoke and dancing. I'm sad our precious time off together is nearly over.

January 2: Day 16 of our 17-Day Christmas Break: woke up to -17 degree weather, Ammon went snowboarding with friends all day, Josh and I went to a baptism of our friend's son this morning and had a delicious lunch with them afterwards, Josh took the younger 3 boys sledding at Janoa's this afternoon, I worked on a college class assignment for a solid 5 hours, the twins and Kanyon went to their friends' houses to play this evening while Josh, Ammon, and I went to a church dance in a barn. I had a great time with Josh at the dance, but could barely get Ammon to get out on the dance floor (he only did twice)! Also, I'm moving up in the tech world--I made my first snapchat video tonight during the dance!
It's hard to see due to the lighting and my phone's
poor photo quality, but this is Ammon
ACTUALLY participating in the limbo at the dance!

January 3: Day 17 of our 17-Day Christmas Break (and we are ALL sad that it's the last day): we all slept in now that we have the 11:00 time for church, Josh and I took a lukewarm shower since the boys used all the hot water to take showers before us this morning (they mostly used to take showers Saturday nights before when we had early morning church). Josh and I had a little contest with each other at church, and we tied (which hasn't happened in this specific contest before). We ate a nice dinner at Josh's parents house this afternoon. Josh watched football (last day of regular season NFL), Ammon worked on homework (nothing like waiting til the last possible minute), the other boys played on their iPods (last day of unlimited play), and I worked on my college class for 7 long hours--I'm so close to finishing this class (that was actually supposed to be finished 2 weeks before Christmas). Wish we just had ONE more day of vacation!!!

January 5: I just submitted my final written assignment for my current college class (a 22-page report that I've been working on for 3 weeks), and I feel like I can finally breathe again!!!

January 7 [Posted by Josh]: My favorite time of year at the golf course:

January 9: Dropped these 3 stooges off this morning to snowboard at bogus basin for the day!


January 11: Happy birthday to this kid who made me a mother 16 years ago today! I love you Ammon!

January 11 [Posted by Josh]: Happy 16th to this bouncing baby boy. Still as happy today as you were then. :)

January 15: Tonight I passed my last college class final of this semester. I only have 2 [very full] semesters left until student teaching begins next January!!!

January 16: It's the big wedding day! Love is in the air! Josh's brother Malachi is getting married in Rexburg this afternoon and my pseudo - sister Kimi is getting married this evening in Idaho Falls!

January 22: Since I'm in between college semesters right now, I'm trying to get caught up on my blog! I've been "back-blogging", and just finished a post about the new flooring that Josh installed in our home over Christmas Break. As I was sweeping it yesterday, I was thinking about how much I still love it! Thanks again, babe!

January 31: I start my next college semester tomorrow, and I've been frantically blogging for the past two weeks to get all caught up before the next set of stressful demands would begin! I'm officially ready! I am completely up-to-date on my blogging (which is a first!!), and am prepared for the challenge of getting my schooling underway!

No comments: