Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 2015 on FB

October 4: I loved watching and listening to General Conference today, but halfway through the prophet's talk, I felt so sad and worried that he would pass out. I'm grateful for a living prophet on the earth today!

October 9: Look what we found in the newspaper today! What a fun surprise for Josh & I:

October 9: I finally just passed my college class that I've been working on since August--to pass the class, there were two final projects that had to be completed. I got one done near the end of August, but didn't have time to work on the second project hardly at all the whole month of September due to our family's hectic schedule. I worked on it a lot this past week and submitted it yesterday, and it was approved today after some revisions I needed to make. I'm so glad to finally move past this class (which coincidentally was on classroom Engagement and Motivation)!

October 9: I'm so excited for tomorrow!!! Jonah will be playing his last football game of the year, Josh is taking Micah hunting for the first time (and Ammon is hunting too), and Kanyon and I will be selling pumpkins at the Sacajawea Center's Fall Frolic. It's going to be a great day!

October 10 [posted by Josh]: Whew. What a day in the Tolman household. Jonah started it off by getting up at 6am for a hard-fought football game in Idaho Falls. Ammon and I filled our deer tags 1st thing this morning. (Micah had a near miss) We unloaded 200 pumpkins to sell. Skinned and cut up this mornings 2 deer. Went back and picked up unsold pumpkins. Had fresh cut and grilled venison steak for dinner.(Nice farm raised, alfalfa fed venison) Shortly after dinner Jonah shot his first deer ever, getting the biggest one out of all of us so far. Cleaned, skinned, and cut up that deer. Had a fresh made raspberry smoothie straight from the garden, made by Kala. Now finally putting my feet up and watching a little football. If you didn't know any better, we would appear to be quite the homesteaders!


October 11 [posted by Josh]: Micah harvested the 4th deer in 2 days for the Tolman Fam. Grandma Kathy was especially happy that he shot the deer that had been eating her shrubs, and peeking in her windows. Now we have over 100 lbs. of deer meat cut up, ground up, and in the freezer. Great job boys. And congrats to Micah and Jonah on their first harvest.


October 16: It's been a fall project day. Josh has been blowing out the water in the sprinkler system at the golf course, the boys mowed the lawn, dug up all our potatoes, picked raspberries, and we've picked up and put away all the the hoses in the garden. I can't believe everything is still so green! Usually we're raking up leaves at this point, but most of the trees in the yard haven't even changed color yet!

October 17: I just loved today! Josh, Jonah, and Micah ran in a local 5K color run this morning. The weather was beautiful, and they did so well in the race! Josh took me on a motorcycle ride this afternoon to the new Amish store, and we loved perusing and purchasing some of the flavored foods they sell. This evening, we took a drive to North Fork to eat some our favorite "Vic's Special" pizza at Josephine's, and then we finished off the day with a soak in the Sharkey Hot Springs tonight.

October 18: Kanyon was the spotlighted child in primary at church today. He wrote his own answers on the questionnaire, and I knew the spotlight was about him when the answer to the question of "what's your biggest wish?" was answered with "that my uncles could live in salmon and stay with us forever"!

October 19: Today I started my 2-week South Beach cleansing diet. After trying for 2 months to lose weight before Josh and I go to Mexico (and only losing a lousy TWO pounds), this is my last-ditch effort to get it done so I can feel better about myself while sitting on a beach wearing a swimsuit!

October 20: The three younger boys and I painted mini pumpkins for FHE last night. I liked seeing their creativity!! After Kanyon had painted two, he wanted to keep going, so he painted this little squash, too!

October 21:

October 21 [posted by Josh]: Just another tough day at the office: 

October 23: I had a "treat myself" day today. I got my hair cut and bangs colored, got my toenails painted, went tanning, and bought myself new shoes which I used when I walked on the treadmill tonight and I LOVE them! 😍 I am feeling so good; I should do this more often!

October 24: Autumn is ever changing, which is one of the reasons I love it so! What a difference just one week makes:

October 24: Took Jonah on his monthly date tonight to the Mexican Restaurant. He had some enchiladas and tacos, I ate a delicious taco salad, and Josh had a huge plate of quesadillas and could only eat half! Then Jonah ordered Xongos for dessert (deep-fried cheesecake bites) and loved them!

October 24: Went dancing/singing karaoke tonight with Josh, John, and Amanda. Tonight's Highlights: singing "Angry All The Time" with John (in preparation for a special musical number at Salmon Idol on Tuesday), and dancing with Josh to the song "Love Me Like You Do". I love dancing with that man!!!

October 25: Went to Stake Conference with Josh today. We haven't gone to the Sunday morning session in maybe 5 or 6 years, but it was nice and I'm glad we went. We originally planned to go camping this weekend, but we found out mid-week that Josh would be getting a new stake calling on Sunday, so we felt a change in our plans was necessary. Josh is now a member of the Stake Young Men's Presidency!

October 26: I love the annual pumpkin carving night at our house! I really enjoy making creations with my boys!

October 27: Had so much fun singing with this girl in salmon idol tonight! It was an awesome show! I loved listening to and watching the amazing talent of the youth in our community. John always puts on a great show. 

October 29: What. A. DAY!!! I woke up at 5:00am this morning to finish my costume and get everything ready for the day's Halloween festivities. We had a party in our Kindergarten classroom this morning, then one on the Preschool classroom this afternoon. I made a quick trip back down to the school to watch the elementary's costume parade, and took food to Kanyon's classroom for his class party. Then after school, I took the 3 younger boys walking on Main Street for the Merchant's Trick-or-Treating (I love that the businesses in Salmon do this!!). Right after that, we went to the Halloween Carnival at the school for an hour. Kanyon played games as the twins helped me volunteer at the booth in his classroom. The directly after that, we went to the church Halloween party, with dinner and Trunk-or-Treating. It was a super fun, very full day!!




October 30 [posted by Josh]: My view for the evening (at the Coeur d'Alene resort for state XC):

October 30: Went to the theater with some girlfriends tonight to watch "The Intern" and absolutely loved it! It's a good-feeling, high-quality film and I really enjoyed watching it with my friends!

October 31 [posted by Josh]: This made my day. Such a thoughtful boy Kanyon is. He sorted through his Halloween candy, and set these aside for me. I have an early present to look forward to when I get home in the middle of the night!

No comments: