Saturday, October 24, 2015

Love is in the Air

I got to go to 2 weddings in September! Two weeks after Josh's niece Coral got married in Boise, my friend Kerry got married in Logan. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go to Kerry's wedding, because it was homecoming weekend and the boys were involved in things, but with the help of Josh and his mom, I was able to make things work so that I could. I left on Thursday after school and drove to Utah that night with my friend Amanda, since Kerry was getting married on Friday morning (the 18th). I drove to Logan that night, dropped Amanda off at the hotel with Kerry, then I drove over the hill to stay the night at my parents' home in Tremonton. I got there right before 11:00 that night. On Friday morning, I drove back over to Logan. It was such a beautiful morning! It was so pretty with the fog and the sun shining!

I love the Logan temple! It's where Josh and I were married 17 years ago, and this was the first time I'd been back in that same sealing room where Josh and I were pronounced husband and wife! Kerry and Zack had a truly beautiful ceremony that morning; probably the best I've ever been to. Their sealer was awesome and gave excellent counsel and imparted ageless wisdom to the cute couple.

I love that even in September, there were flowers blooming everywhere on the temple grounds. I particularly loved these:

When Kerry and Zack emerged from the temple following their ceremony, I thought Zack looked so handsome in his gray suit.


And Kerry looked very pretty and so happy!

After group photos were taken, Amanda and I walked around the temple grounds and took some of our own pictures!


There's this quiant little wooded walkway at the bottom of the hill below the Logan temple that I discovered last summer when my sister Trina got married there, so I just had to show it to Amanda, too!



We both needed to get some shopping done before the luncheon, because as soon as the luncheon was over, I wanted to drive straight back to Salmon to make it in time for the homecoming football game. On our way to the car, I had just the right angle to take this fun picture:

My farewell view of the Logan temple--like a castle extending from earth to heaven!

The luncheon was at Chuck-A-Rama, which was a great choice because then everyone could pick what they wanted to eat! We had a lot of fun eating the meal with Kerry and Zack's family and friends before driving home to Salmon.

After we reached Idaho Falls, Kerry's sister Kimi drove behind us the rest of the way to Salmon, since Kerry's reception would be there the following evening. When we got back to Salmon that night, Kimi came with me to the football game to meet up with the rest of my family. I just love that girl!! We lost the game, but I did make it in time to see the royalty and the nominated girls' pretty dresses (sometimes I wish I had a daughter...).

On Saturday night, I took the 3 younger boys with me to Kerry and Zack's reception at the church. It was decorated beautifully with a big canopy/white fabric tent set up inside the gym so that the surroundings resembled more of a reception hall than a church gym.

I sat with Kimi the whole time during the reception; I just love that girl!! 

We think so much alike, we even both wore black and white chevron-patterned dresses!

The boys don't usually like going with me to receptions, but they had a good time, too. They treated themselves to the sweets bar and then ran around and played outside with their friends that were also there. It was a fun event, and I'm glad that I could go to both Kerry's wedding and reception. Coincidentally, Josh's niece Coral's reception was in Pocatello the exact same night as Kerry's, so he drove down there with his parents to attend her reception since he was unable to go to her wedding two weeks prior.

It was a fun opportunity for me to attend two weddings within two weeks of each other! I enjoyed witnessing young love and new commitments, and loved reminiscing and reflecting back to my own wedding with the man of my dreams!

No comments: