Thursday, October 15, 2015

Coral's Wedding

Our first niece (or nephew for that matter) has gotten married! Josh's niece Coral (Tiffany's oldest daughter) got married in Boise on the first Saturday in September over Labor Day weekend.

Unfortunately, it was the same day as Micah and Ammon's first XC race of the season, so they weren't able to come. And since it was Micah's first XC meet ever, and his first overnight athletic event, we felt that it was important for one of us to be with him. So, Josh drove the XC bus to Soda Springs (which left on Friday and got home super late on Saturday night), which meant he would also be unable to attend Coral's wedding. Josh and I have done a lot of tag-teaming this fall with all the events that have gone on, and I'm grateful to have a partner who is so supportive and tries to do all he can for our family! I took Kanyon and Jonah with me to Boise, and we stayed at our friend Krissy's house on Friday night. The boys played with Mason while we were there, and they were happy to be with their friend again. After we arrived in Boise, I left the boys with Mason and went to the family dinner following Coral's first temple session (I didn't know I could've taken the boys with me to it--I thought it was just for adults because it was right after her endowment session).

On Saturday morning, the boys and I did a little bit of shopping before heading to the temple. As I was inside for the wedding, the boys waited in the car while it rained, then walked around the temple. Coral was a beautiful bride and she and her new husband Eric were beaming with joy all day!


There were lots of family photos after they came out, and we patiently waited around for the photos that we would be included in. I got some pictures of the boys as we were waiting. It turned out to be a nice day, and the Boise temple had lots of beautiful flowers and plants all around.


Kanyon and I discovered we brought matching clothes!

Josh's parents and both of his brothers came to the wedding as well as his niece Jessalyn (she had to fly home from BYU-Hawaii for it). I got to meet Gideon and Alyssa's new baby boy Teddy that was born in July (but never got to hold him or take a close-up picture of him as he was always being swaddled). They recently moved back to Boise from SLC, so they are a little closer to Salmon which is nice. It was fun to see Gideon and Alyssa as new parents!


Tiffany and Scott's other children stayed in Pocatello while they came to Boise, so their family pictures at the temple seemed MUCH smaller than usual! I love how happy the bride and groom are in these pictures, though!


Before we headed to the family luncheon and then drove back to Salmon, the boys jumped for joy on the temple grounds:
This kid is all arms and legs!!!

Kanyon did a butt-kicker jump.
He hates that his tummy is showing in this pic,
but I think it's adorable!

I think this photo is hilarious! They're doing each other's poses:
Kanyon's trying to do big arms and legs
 (being careful not to let his tummy show again)
and Jonah is doing a butt-kicker, and got some big air!
It was a nice weekend and I'm glad we could be there to support Coral. A few weekends later, she had a reception in Pocatello, and Josh was able to go down for that to see her and meet Eric.

No comments: