Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September 2015 on FB

Sept. 1: Today was our first day of the new school year!

Sept. 4: It rained all yesterday, and when we got back to Salmon after attending Coral's wedding today in Boise, the sky was all cleared up. The rain made the smoke that has been here for 3 weeks go away, for which we are all super grateful!

Sept. 7: I labored for Labor Day today: picked about 200 ears of corn from our garden, shucked it, washed it, cooked it, cut it, and after 7 hours of work we now have 31 quarts of corn in the freezer!! It's a nice visual reward for my aching body!

Sept. 11: I found Jonah's iPod today--the one that's been lost for 4 months due to Kanyon taking it and hiding it in an angry moment!! I thought I wouldn't figure out what happened to it until I died! But alas, it was under a box of too-small clothes in Kanyon's closet. And when I lifted up the box today in order to empty its contents into a large bag to take to the clothing fair, there it was! It was a wonderful surprise, especially for Jonah!!

Sept. 11: I caught the dog sun-bathing today in our family room! She is such a strange dog!!


Sept. 12: Jonah's football team just won their first ball game in 2 years and it was a shutout 22-0!! And guess who won defensive player of the week?!

Sept. 13: Josh took me on a fun motorbike ride down river to Shoup for milkshakes today. We'd never stopped there before. It felt like summer and was such an afternoon delight! I loved every minute riding behind this guy!

Sept. 13 [posted by Josh]: Had a beautiful afternoon ride with this hottie!

Sept. 16: I like that facebook has an "on this day" app. Apparently 6 years ago today, this happened (which I can't even remember, but it made me laugh reading it!): Just got out of the shower to the sound of aerosol spraying. I opened the bathroom door and saw the entire hall filled with aerosol mist. Kanyon had found Josh's Old Spice spray and filled the house with its aroma!!! Yum, now I can smell Josh everywhere! And I mean EVERYWHERE!

Sept. 18: Jonah and Ammon were in the Homecoming parade today--Ammon for the Sophomore class, and Jonah for the Little Savage Football team. The Cross Country team was the only fall sports team that didn't have a float for the parade, otherwise Micah would've been in it, too.



Sept. 18: The Pioneer Woman's new line is out! When I walked into WalMart and saw an entire shelving unit dedicated to her products, I stopped and ogled for several minutes! I was so excited!! I loved it all, but limited myself to purchasing just one item (I will get more next time, though!).

Sept. 19: Ammon all ready for homecoming dance tonight!

Sept. 22: I can't believe my twins are 12 years old today!!! I remember the day I finally got to hold them both together for the first time--they were two weeks old. I loved the feeling of snuggling two little bundles of joy! Now they are much too big to hold, and much too "cool" for their mom--I posted some love notes on the back wall of their lockers during school when they were in class, and when they saw the notes in their lockers, they were both so embarrassed that someone else would see them that they immediately threw them away!!!

Sept. 23: We FINALLY got our cat Torch neutered yesterday. He was quite upset after the procedure when we brought him home, but thankfully he's back to his usual self today! 

Sept. 25: This is the first year our peach trees have grown fruit. We picked all the peaches today and I'm so excited that the 2 young trees produced so much!!!

Sept. 26: Jonah and Kanyon helped me cut the pumpkins from the field yesterday and today. We have a lot of good-sized pumpkins! Also, I was surprised with how many mini pumpkins grew from just 6 plants this year!


Sept. 27: Micah is running XC for the first time this year and is on the Salmon Middle School Boy's XC team. When they ran at the Bob Firman meet in Boise yesterday, his team got 1st place overall out of 63 teams competing in their division!! He was the 7th member of the team to cross the finish line, and the top 7 members of the winning teams received medals. He was so happy to get this!

Sept. 27: We are sad that Waffle Love didn't win the Great Food Truck Race finale tonight. We have loved watching them this season and I soo want to go eat from their food truck the next time I'm in Provo!

Sept. 27: Best part of my day happened tonight--Josh drove me up to Lover's Lookout so that I could have a better view of the harvest blood moon lunar eclipse. It was so awesome! I've always wanted to watch an eclipse, and we sat in peace for an hour just watching the sky and talking to each other. It was heavenly!

Sept. 28: Since water aerobics ended two weeks ago, I decided to start going to Yoga and went tonight for the first time since last winter. Kitt (the instructor) has added some core exercises to the flow workout, and it totally kicked my butt (but in a good way).

Sept. 30: Josh and I took Ammon on his monthly date tonight to Bertram's (after we dropped off Jonah and Micah at their 1st YM activity!). He was in the mood for Fish & Chips, so that's what he ordered. It wasn't as good as the same dish we've had in Seattle, DC, or Chesapeake Bay, but it fulfilled his cravings!

No comments: