Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hay Sightings

I love straight lines. It's un-explainable as to why, but I do know it's something I've been attracted to since I was little. I especially love when grass is cut in straight lines. For example, I love the way my yard looks when it's freshly mowed, and especially when it's cut at a diagonal. I also admire baseball fields and golf courses because the grass is cut in straight lines and criss-cross lines. And it's for this same reason that I love seeing a freshly cut and bailed hay field. It makes me feel so happy inside when we pass a farm or ranch that has freshly cut and bailed hay still laying in the field. I admire the straight visible lines, and seeing the perfectly wrapped circular or rectangular bales randomly laying around feels like the completion of a project (and who doesn't love the feeling of completion?!). I think the whole sight is just so beautiful, and I'm drawn to staring at fields that look like this whenever I drive by them. It is seriously (and strangely) one of my favorite sights in the summer!

No comments: