Friday, June 19, 2015

Memorial Day Memories

My favorite part about Memorial Day weekend this year was making memories with friends. I was just so happy to get an extra day off from school and work, and being with people I love was an added bonus! 

On Friday morning, I drove to Stanley to meet Krissy and bring her kids back to Salmon for the weekend. We got to play with Mason and Taylor for several hours before taking them to their dad's house, and we had so much fun while they were here! Jonah and Micah were happy to spend time with Mason, who is one of their best friends, because they don't get to see him very often anymore, and Kanyon loved playing with Taylor (who is so good with little kids!). I am so glad that my children have good friends, and it is so enjoyable for me to see them be physically active and having fun together outdoors!






On Monday afternoon, Josh and I took a road trip to Idaho Falls to have dinner at Stockman's, the restaurant we went to for our anniversary earlier this spring. We loved it so much, we were willing to drive 2 1/2 hours to go back just to eat there! It was our friend John's birthday earlier in the week, and since he'd never been there, we wanted to take him as our gift.

I was extremely disappointed when we arrived in Idaho Falls to find Stockman's closed for Memorial Day (it said NOTHING about being closed on their facebook page or their website either, because I checked beforehand!). So, instead we went to Texas Roadhouse. John had never been there before either, so the trip wasn't a complete failure! 

(p.s. I have an obsession with taking food pics, and Josh absolutely hates that I do it when we're at restaurants!)

The food was good (I especially loved their rolls and green beans with bacon), but the best part of the trip was actually talking and laughing and being together on the long car ride to and from Idaho Falls. Time truly passes quickly when you're with good company, and I was fortunate to be with some of the best company!
I am a lucky girl to spend time with these two handsome men,
who are some of my favorite people in the whole world! 

After the extended weekend was over, I felt a renewed desire to return to school to finish up the last two weeks until summer break! I like how sometimes a little extra time off rejuvenates the mind, body, and soul, especially when it is filled with quality time with friends! 

No comments: