Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 2015 on FB

June 1: Buzzed this boy's hair tonight after he attempted to cut his own hair (not once, but TWICE) and he cut it to the scalp in a few spots (both times). He's not very happy with the new haircut, so I hope a lesson has been learned in the process!

June 2: I caught a glimpse of the future over the weekend when I saw an older version of Micah in the face of some stranger. The similarities are uncanny: same style of glasses, same hairstyle, same facial shape, same skin tone, similar facial expression. I'm pretty sure Micah will look a lot like this fellow in about 7 or 8 more years!  


June 3: I was so nervous/excited for my students' Kindergarten Graduation today that I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep! They did a wonderful job and I was very proud of them! And as soon as graduation was over, I watched my own children at the elementary school's Track & Field Day, and I was beaming with pride for their athletic skills, too. It's been a good, but exhausting, day!

June 4: Hooray for the last day of school!!! I'm so glad it FINALLY came!

June 5: Today is the FIRST day of summer 2015; Jonah and Micah left this morning to their FIRST overnight scout campout, I get to direct the band tonight at high school graduation for the FIRST time ever, and Kanyon declared he was going next door to Grandma's house, where he ate his FIRST ice cream sandwich of the summer!

June 6: Today felt like summer! Oh that's right...because it finally and actually is!!!

June 7: Watched "Pitch Perfect 2" with girlfriends at the theater last night, and loved it! I laughed so hard at everything the girl from Guatemala said!!! Also, the surprise of Pentatonix performing in the movie was fun to see, too!

June 8: Five years ago today we moved into our current home. Purchasing this home was one of the best decisions of my adult life!! I love having a bathroom connected to our master bedroom, a bathroom just for the boys (although I wish it had a urinal), an open kitchen, and a family room for the kids to play in that's separate from the living room. Josh surprised me today with a new air conditioner for it, and I'm loving being in the much cooler house (literally) on a hot summer day like today!

June 9: Only one Peony bloomed on my bushes this year. My goodness, it is beautiful to see and lovely to smell. I wish there were more of them!

June 10: This is my new favorite yogurt. I was introduced to it by my sister Lisa in Virginia back in February, and our local grocery store recently started carrying it, which makes me super happy!!

June 11: Science has been my least favorite subject for a very long time, and I'm not really sure why. I'm currently halfway through my college class 'Integrated Natural Science' (which I've been dreading for months) and I'm finding it extremely interesting and fascinating!

June 12: Josh and the boys went to Father & Son Campout tonight, so I spent a quiet evening at home alone, eating what I felt like (rice with chicken, cheese, & coconut), and watching what I wanted (a DVD of the original Broadway show "Into the Woods")! 

June 13: Oh Snap! I just realized today that some of the "weeds" I've been constantly pulling out of my flower box all spring are actually Snapdragons!!! Epic Green Thumb Failure!!!

June 15: I haven't been camping since March, and it is long past overdue to go again! So...today is the day to make that happen! (Even if it is just going to be a 24-hour excursion.)

June 19: I went golfing tonight for the first time this year. Josh and I played together on Couple's Golf League. The golf course was so beautiful and i just loved seeing the products of his daily hard work! Also, we made par on 3 of the holes, so that was a bonus, too!

June 20: Took Jonah on his monthly date tonight. He chose to go to the 28 Club, and he ordered his first Prime Rib! It was so big, he couldn't finish it all (although due to the angle of this picture, the scone looks about the same size as the large cut of delicious meat)!

June 23: Jonah, Micah, and Kanyon all scored goals tonight in their soccer games! It was exciting to watch them!

June 24: I feel so elated! I just took my Integrated Science college final and PASSED!! It's a huge moment for me due to mental challenges (I've always struggled with science), emotional blocks (I quit working on this class for 6 solid weeks because I didn't think I had what it took to finish school and become a teacher), and pressing deadlines (I was supposed to be done with this 4-credit class on June 12, and I didn't even start working on it until June 5th). I was able to get this 2-month class done in 2.5 weeks, and although it's taken up my entire summer thus far, it's been worth it because I feel so empowered and proud of myself at the moment!!

June 29: Took the boys to see the movie "Inside Out" today. I totally loved the mini-movie before it! Now I just want to say {sing} "I lava you"!!

June 30 [posted by Josh]: Sometimes my "office" is simply amazing! I loved how the clouds and shadows formed a direct line off Monument and Freeman peaks in the sunrise this morning.

June 30: I went on vacation for the first time this summer, and took the boys with me. We were gone four days, and had a great time with family and friends, but I'm so glad to be home and sleep in my own bed tonight! And apparently the boys were just glad to be home so they could all use our own toilet again. It seems as if 4 days is the max amount we can be gone, because as soon as we walked in the door, everyone had to instantly go poop!

No comments: