Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Prom 2015

Prom was the 3rd weekend of April. Where I went to high school, prom was mainly for juniors. But here, the school is small and there's not a lot of extra school dances (like stomps), so a lot of high schoolers go to the date dances (homecoming and prom), regardless of what grade they're in, and regardless of whether or not they have a date. We were unsure if Ammon (who's a freshman) would be going to prom (I think he was undecided too), but the week before prom, he finally declared that he was. He made a cute poster (all on his own) saying "Don't Snicker. I would be lucky and charmed if you would go to prom with me". Then he got a Snickers-flavored frappuccino and a Lucky Charms cereal box to go along with it (again, all on his own--I was super impressed!). Then he delivered it to the office on Monday morning for them to give to Sage at school. Sage and Ammon have been friends since they were in elementary school. She responded the next day with a poster and a snickers bar and it said "I wouldn't snicker at you! I'd love to be your date!". We told him that since he's not 16 yet, he needed to go with a group for his dance date. He made plans that week to go to prom with Eli and Tim's group of friends. Saturday the 17th was prom, and they had dinner that evening at the Barningham's, which is where Sage and he met up at. Sage's mom and Eli's mom took pictures of them for me!






The good-looking guys of the group

Tyler, Ammon, Cole, Nik, Tim, and Eli
For dinner, the kids picked what the menu was and everyone was in charge of bringing different food items, and Tim and Eli's moms cooked. They ate breakfast for dinner! Josh and I went out with our friends Krissy, John, and Amanda that night and we went to the 28 Club for dinner which is right by the Barningham's house, so I made Josh stop there before we ate so we could see the kids all dressed up for prom. We arrived when they were mostly done eating.

Ammon and Sage let me take their picture (I seriously had to coax them, but they finally obliged...you can never have too many pictures of prom!).

Then I had everyone get on the stairs for a big group picture. The kids looked so great! Sage and Ammon are at the bottom, then Nik and Madison, Cole and Jodi, Brianna and Tim, Kaitlyn and Tyler, and Eve and Eli are at the top.
I love that all the guys coordinated their ties
with their date's dress colors!!

Ammon said after dinner they got bored, so they drove around for a while and went to the dealership to look at cars. Then they went to the dance for a few hours, then headed to Eli's house to watch movies, and afterwards he spent the night at Tim's house. It was a fun night for him and he had a good time. I'm so glad he had a great experience and that he went with such an awesome group of kids to his first prom!

No comments: