Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 2015 on FB

May 3: I just love that Josephine's opened a week early! Josh and I had our favorite pizza "Vic's Special" last night and loved it! There's also a new pizza called "Idahoan" that we tried (it has potato chips on top!) and it was pretty good, too!

May 4: I took the day off work to watch Ammon compete at district golf today in Idaho Falls. I'm so glad I did! It was beautiful weather, and I liked spectating the event with Josh. After the second hole (of 18), he came up to me and said "Why are you here?" I said: "ummm, because it's districts and I wanted to watch you play" (like, duh). Then he said "I always play worse when you watch". Whatever!! I thought he did pretty well today for his first H.S. district tournament! He tied for 4th place individually, and his team tied for first! It was a good day for Salmon golf!

May 5: It was Taco Tuesday at our house tonight; the dinner choice was in honor of Cinco de Mayo. When I told the boys that, they were like "cinco da what?". I love holidays and any reason to celebrate, but apparently I haven't done enough to share that love with my boys. Parenting fail moment!

May 9: So grateful for the lovely weather today! I got all my mother's day gifts of annuals planted (with the help of my young sons), and I'm loving all the colorful flowers around the outside of my home now! Thanks Josh for the gift that keeps on giving throughout the summer! They're exactly what I wanted (since I picked them out myself!).

May 14: whew...what a day! Endured: a puking son (and cleaned it up too), a procedure on my infected tooth (boo to having root canals), being stopped for road construction 3 times (half hour wasted!), an emotional meltdown (of my own), and coaching a soccer game alone (first one of the season!). Hooray for the weekend to be here!

May 16: I passed out again last night--for the second time this year! I got up to go to the bathroom around midnight, and as soon as I sat on the toilet, I didn't feel good and I remember thinking "Oh no, I've gotten the flu from Kanyon". The next thing I remember was Josh saying "Kala, Kala! Are you okay?", and as I open my eyes to look at him, I realize I'm laying face-down on the floor. He said he heard a loud noise (which was me crumpling to the floor), and he called out a few times from bed before he got up and came into the bathroom to see what had happened after I didn't respond. Thankfully, I'd already been sitting down when I fainted, so my knees took the brunt of the fall. It took me a few minutes before I could get up, and then I went back to bed. What a weird occurrence!

May 18: The end is in sight! Just 10 more days of school!! :)

May 21: Josh and I learned how to play a new card game "golf" the other day, and we've been playing it for 3 nights straight with our family!

May 22: I went to work with Josh tonight at the golf course, and we stopped along the course to watch 4 baby owls in a tree above us. I just loved seeing the cute, furry creatures! It just made my night!

May 25: My favorite Mondays are the ones where I wake up and realize that I don't have to go to work or school that day! Today is a gift! Many thanks to those that sacrificed their life serving our country.

May 26: Took Ammon on his monthly date tonight. He chose the Mexican Restaurant Fiesta En Jalisco, because he hadn't been there yet. He's getting culture in his cuisine (last time he chose for us to go to the Chinese Restaurant). It was the first time he's had deep fried ice cream!

May 27: The calendar is always the busiest in May! Tonight was no exception, as there was something for everybody in our family: I taught a piano lesson, Kanyon showed off his book at the 2nd grade author's party, Jonah & Micah had a scout court of honor, and Ammon received an award at the high school academic awards ceremony. Surprisingly, Josh and I were able to make the schedule work this evening so that we could actually attend all the kids' events. Whew!

May 28: What a night! Jonah and Micah both scored goals at their soccer game, Kanyon ran his heart out and played all 3 positions in his soccer game, and Ammon played the trumpet and had a fantastic solo at the band concert tonight! So proud of my boys!

May 29: I loved today! Laughed so hard on a long bus ride to Utah with Darcy, went bowling for just 99 cents and tied Ammon with a score of 110, saw the play Annie Get Your Gun and was so enlightened with the starring actress's performance (she's my age and it made me wish I could still act and perform like in the good ole days).

May 30: I had the TIME OF MY LIFE today! I've never had so much fun at Lagoon before! Spending the day on rides and in lines with other adults and energetic teenagers, and not having small children to take care of, was SO liberating!

May 31: I was so excited this morning to watch Music and the Spoken Word at Temple Square, because I'd never seen the MoTab Choir perform live before. Within just one minute of the start of the program, one of the cameramen passed out, fell backwards, hit his head on a bench behind him, and landed on some people right across from where we sat, and his wife let out a huge blood-curdling scream in the process. The paramedics came, took him out on a gurney, and the whole ordeal was such a major distraction from the show (that still went on), and it kind of ruined the whole experience that I was hoping to have!

No comments: