Friday, May 15, 2015

Another Anniversary

On April 10th, Josh and I celebrated 17 years of marriage. I'm excited that we're so close to the 18th anniversary now--that will be when I finally surpass the amount of time I was single and under my parents' care! Nearly half my life has been spent with this man, and I am still so glad I that I chose to marry him so many years ago!! I truly love being married to Josh: he is my best friend, my stable rock, and my favorite person in the world! 

We decided sort of last minute to have an overnight anniversary retreat. On Thursday April 9th, we left after our school day and bus routes were done, and headed for Idaho Falls. We got there after 7 and went straight for the restaurant Stockman's to eat dinner. The previous day, I'd researched online trying to locate a restaurant we hadn't tried before, and this seemed to have the best recommendations for the menu items and atmosphere that we were looking for. I was SO glad we went! It's our new favorite restaurant! The building is newer, the service was wonderful, and the food was exquisite!

Josh ordered a steak. It was huge! And it was still sizzling when they brought it to us!

I ordered the Captain's Chicken which is a cooked chicken breast with Garlic Alfredo, mushrooms, and shrimp on top

For dessert, we ordered cheesecake to go (since we were both so full from our delicious dinner). I'm so glad we decided to get some, because it was THE BEST cheesecake I've ever had! Even better than the Cheesecake Factory's! Josh ordered Loco Coconut, and I had the huckleberry. They were so divine, and I've been craving them ever since! The picture (taken with a cell phone) doesn't do them justice!

After dinner, we checked in at the Destinations Inn, a Bed and Breakfast with themed rooms in Idaho Falls. We stayed in the Congo room this time, and I enjoyed every moment of our overnight stay! The lighting was dim in the room, so it was hard to get good quality photos, but this gives you an idea of what our room looked like:
The king-sized bed

The jetted tub, shower, and TV projection screen were right across from the bed

I loved the jetted tub!! I really want one in my bathroom!

This was the wall between the entrance to the room
and the bed.

Looking at the reflection above the sink which is near
the shower. You can see we also had a microwave and fridge.
We took a nice long soak in the jetted tub while watching the TV above our heads after we got settled in to our room, and then we ate our cheesecake and some sparkling cider later that night. And since we had HBO channels, I stayed up late watching the movie "The Fault in Our Stars" while laying in bed. I cried violent tears like 5 times. Josh kept saying "I don't know why you're watching this tonight!". He wasn't really paying attention to the movie, because he was reading and playing on his laptop the whole time. It was so relaxing and I loved hanging out with my husband, even though the movie made me sad.

The next morning we didn't get to sleep in, but we ate the breakfast that they brought to our room, and we got ready and left to go to Rexburg to see cousin Mikey marry Denae in the Rexburg temple. It was the first time we've been to a wedding on our anniversary day, so it made it very memorable for us!
It was a beautiful sunny day!

 I unfortunately left my recommend at home--the last time we went to the temple was in February for Tim & Barb's sealing, and I'd put my recommend in Josh's suit jacket pocket, and totally forgot about it. Thankfully, the temple workers got a hold of my bishop, and I was able to still attend Mikey's wedding! It was a lovely ceremony, and I'm glad we could be there for it!

I think my husband is so handsome! He is sitting by
his brother Gideon, waiting for the newlyweds to come out.

We love our cousins, the Forsgren Family!

We did a little bit of shopping after the wedding, then went to their luncheon and spent more time talking and laughing with family. It was a wonderful anniversary overnight getaway, and I was so grateful for quality time spent with my handsome man!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm a little jealous of that anniversary overnighter, it looks like tons of fun!!!