Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 2015 on FB

April 1: Got april fooled by my own kids today! After school, the twins came home and got pranks ready (unknown to me) for when Kanyon and I came home a little later. When I got home, I went to fill up my water bottle at the sink tap, but the water sprayer had been taped, so I got sprayed instead! I laughed SO hard! And then I forgot about it, and did it AGAIN a few minutes later! At least I wasn't the only one: Kanyon, and Micah (the one who DID the prank!), and Josh also got sprayed tonight! Micah also tried to give Kanyon an oreo filled with white toothpaste, too, but thankfully he didn't fall for it! I was happily surprised with the fun pranks at the end of my day!

April 2: Ammon's on a roll: he got 2nd place again today at his 2nd high school golf tournament! I was so proud of his playing abilities, especially with the crazy weather we endured: in the 6 hours that they played 18 holes, it snowed and hailed, the bitter wind blew, and the sun came out occasionally.

April 5: I loved spending Easter Sunday with my family in Utah today for many reasons: general conference, sunny weather, yummy food, egg hunts, funny kids, great adult company, and an overall fun time!!

April 8: This 2nd grade hall display made me laugh so hard at school today! The pictures were so fun to see (like the old guy with hair coming out of his nose and the old lady with the beehive), but I especially got a kick out of Kanyon's statement of what he will do when he's 100 years old (and I like that his 100-yr-old self has a goatee like his dad Josh!): "I would like to walk, hike, and play with my grandkids. The TV shows that I would like to watch are rated R and PG-13..." What a funny perspective of things to look forward to!

April 9: Stockman's Restaurant in Idaho Falls makes the BEST cheesecake EVER! Even better than the Cheesecake Factory's! Seriously scrumdiddlyumptiousness in every bite...you should totally try it sometime if you're in the Idaho Falls area!

April 10: Happy Anniversary to the love of my life Josh! He took me out to a super nice dinner, I treated him to a stay at a luxurious hotel, and we get to attend the wedding of cousin Michael at the Rexburg temple today! It's been a fabulous anniversary get-away!

April 10: Last weekend, the boys each got bags of candy and packages of water balloons for Easter. We've had crummy weather all week long, so there hasn't been any opportunities to use said water balloons until today. Kanyon patiently tried to fill some up using the hose faucet outside, but got tired of them popping, so instead, he decided he would pee in one and see if that worked. And it did. He came inside proudly holding the tied balloon and called it the "EVIL" water balloon, and told me why. EW! The things boys think of doing always surprise and disgust me!

April 13: I've been singing "how do you solve a problem like Maria?" ever since I watched the H.S.'s production of "The Sound of Music" on Saturday night. It was such a wonderful show! I'm excited they're running it for two weeks so I can watch it again this week, too!

April 17: We had a service auction for the youth at our church party last night. It was so much fun! And I think it was the longest ward party I've been to: it lasted 3 hours! I took the 3 younger boys with me to it (Josh and Ammon were gone to a golf tournament), and after dinner, they ran around playing outside with their friends for hours (thankfully it was nice weather to permit that!). When it was time to leave at 9:30, Kanyon was SOOO mad because he wanted to stay longer. I said "isn't that nice that you got to play so long with your friends?", to which he angrily replied "Yeah, for only like 30 seconds!". Apparently, time really flies when you're having fun when 3 hours feels like just 30 seconds!

April 18: Ammon's first prom!

April 23: Josh and I took Kanyon on his monthly date tonight. He really wanted steak, so we went to Bertram's. Forget the children's menu for this kid! It was a big steak and he ate almost all of it, too! When he saw the steamed vegetables on his plate, he said "Is this a mushroom?" and we said yes. Then he said "I love mushrooms". Josh and I both looked at each other with shocked eyes. We've never heard any of our boys say that! I really enjoyed our dinner date tonight!

April 29: Guess what?! We have only 20 more days of school left! I don't know who's more excited about this fact, me or the kids!!

April 30: We finally went to the new ShopKo store in Salmon with the whole family tonight. Everyone took their own money and made their own purchases: Jonah got new socks, Micah loaded up on chocolate, Ammon got snacks, I picked out some red metal stars to decorate the house, and Kanyon bought art supplies. Kanyon used to hate art but has a new passion for it. He has been admiring his new box of 64 crayola crayons all night long; he's never had a 64 crayon box before, and just loves all the color choices, and the crayon sharpener on the back! I remember loving that same crayola box as a kid, and I'm glad he's discovered a love of art!

No comments: