Sunday, December 14, 2014

Marathon Halloween

Halloween was a full-blown, non-stop, two-day event this year. I was exhausted when it was all through!

It started with the school celebrations on Thursday the 30th. On Thursday morning, I took the treats for Kanyon's class party to school, cupcakes for the carnival, Micah's carved pumpkin for the contest, and a Halloween Bingo came that I'd made for part of the Kindergarten's class party. We were running late and I had to make multiple trips to the car and back to the school to get it all delivered. Because I work in the Kindergarten classroom all day, the busy craziness didn't stop: the morning kids had their party and parade, then the afternoon kids had their party and parade with the rest of the school. The 5th graders started the afternoon parade, and when they came in through the kindergarten classroom, I couldn't see Jonah or Micah. I couldn't figure out where they were--and then some of the other 5th graders told me they'd already come through, and I couldn't believe I missed them! I'd totally forgotten what costumes they'd picked out a few weeks earlier. For the first time this year, I let all the boys pick out a costume at Wal-Mart (usually we make or piece together our own costumes), and since both of them picked costumes with masks, I didn't recognize them! I wasn't particularly fond of their creepy costumes, either.
Jonah
Micah
Kanyon
After the afternoon costume parade through the school, all the other classes had their parties and thankfully I was able to stop into to Kanyon's classroom for a bit.

As soon as school was out, I took the boys to the Merchant's Trick-or-Treating on Main Street. After walking downtown for an hour, their buckets were full!

Immediately following that, we went to the school's Halloween Carnival that night. I volunteered for an hour in two of the classroom booths, and the three younger boys played games and ate carnival food on their own (so I have no pictures of that).

It had been a full 12-hour day in town, and we finally got home around 8:00!
I was a Katy Perry fan!
I was sooo tired! I had stayed up until midnight the night before finishing the tutu on my costume (It took me 3 hours to complete--I had no idea it would take so long!), and making the treats for Kanyon's class party, so I was grateful to finally have a rest from the marathon day! 

On Friday, October 31, Josh and Ammon went to Boise for State Cross Country. I worked for Amanda at her salon that morning, then in the afternoon I came home and did a photo shoot with the boys in their costumes. It was a gorgeous fall day, and beautiful weather for Halloween!
Jonah was a devil with light-up eyes.
Micah was a grim reaper. 
It's sad to me when they get to the age
that they want to wear creepy, rather than fun, costumes!
I like this photo MUCH BETTER!!!
Kanyon was a blue ninja,
which he'd been requesting for months!
That evening, we had our ward Halloween party. We had a chili dinner and a costume parade and games for kids, and trick-or-treating in the hallway.

Since we were already in town, I told the boys I would take them trick-or-treating door-to-door at people's houses, which I've never taken them to do. We usually just go to the Merchant's one, or some of our neighbors out in the country. They liked walking down streets, going house to house, and it was fun to see a lot of other kids out and about that night, too. We got home around 9:30, and we were all so tired.

It had been a crazy, but super awesomely fun 2-day Halloween! And the boys had a TON of candy--that magically disappeared within 2 weeks!

No comments: