Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 2014 on FB

December 2: The last time I saw my grandma, I was telling her some of my favorite memories of being in her home with her and grandpa when I was a child, and she said to me "Well...nothing ever stays the same", and I immediately teared up. She's the only one who called me "Sissy" my entire life (she was there when my mom brought me home from the hospital after I was born and my brothers called me that since I was their first sister), and I admit that although I don't like others calling me that, I will miss hearing her refer to me using my childhood nickname!

December 9: I get to perform with my bestie Amanda tonight at a Christmas party. Thanks FrankandAnnette for the opportunity!!

December 12: 12 days until Christmas, and I still haven't done a single Christmas-y thing: we don't have a tree yet, there are no decorations up in the house, I haven't sent cards out, and I have no idea what I will make for neighborhood gifts. This is a first, for sure! At this point, I don't even care if I do any of it, either. I'm feeling "blah" humbug!

December 13: I am looking forward to seeing the high school's play "The Game's Afoot: Holmes for the Holidays" for the second time tonight! But until then, I am going to spend the day cleaning the house so we can bring in a Christmas Tree tomorrow! All of the snow that is falling right now has put me back in the Christmas spirit again!

December 14: I'm a funky sock fan!!! I love colorful and wild socks! However, Josh is much more conservative in the sock department: he only wears solid white or black. He bought a pair of funky socks yesterday and was so happy about getting them that he wore them to church today. I giggled every time I looked at them because they look silly on him, but he really loves them!!! (p.s. He's a Dennis Rodman fan!!!)


December 15: After living in this town for the past 13 years, Josh FINALLY went to the Chinese Restaurant with me for the FIRST time today! Made my day because I usually eat their buffet lunch alone!

December 18: I'm glad I still have one son who is excited to see Santa! The others have outgrown him, unfortunately. I will be sad when I don't have anyone to take to the Library's Pajama Party with Santa anymore (p.s. Salmon peeps--that's tonight)!!!

December 19: I finally came up with an idea for neighbor gifts--but I can't seem to find any clear cellophane wrap ANYWHERE to complete my project!!! Seriously, where do you find this stuff?!!

December 24: Merry Christmas from our family to yours! Josh and I are so glad to have such wonderful friends and family!
 
December 26: I'm so happy we had a white Christmas! We are going sledding for the 3rd day in a row!

December 31: In retrospect, 2014 has been a good year for our family. I'm looking forward to what's to come in 2015, too!!

No comments: