Friday, October 31, 2014

October 2014 on FB

October 1: Kanyon (my 7 year old) just came into my room, looked at my pincushion, and rearranged it for me. I had no idea what he was even doing, until he brought it to me and said "Look: I put all the silver ones together here, and all the colorful ones together here". I admit I am so proud of him for his OCD organizing skills (because I have them too!)!!!

October 3: Jonah and Micah have a football game tomorrow at 10:30 in Rigby, and Ammon has a XC race in Challis at 12:30. It's hard to be in two places at the same time! This is exactly the reason why after this year we will no longer have our pumpkin patch--because fall sports produce hectic schedules!! The patch will be open starting next weekend, though, and we are excited for our last year!

October 5: We have loved having 4 days off of school!! We have stayed up late, slept in, and went camping one last time for the season at Challis Hot Springs. And the sunshine this afternoon is just glorious--it doesn't even feel like October weather!

October 7: Best part of my day? Reading to Kanyon's class at school. I told him so, and he replied with "that was my favorite part, too!". Even better!!!

October 8: It's been 3 months and I've lost 17 pounds. Still have 23 more pounds to lose in 4 months in order to go to Mexico!!! I'm almost halfway there!

October 10: Our pumpkin patch opens today and we are so ready! Got the pies and fudge made, got the decorations and activities all set up, and the pumpkins are ready to be moved from storage back into the field. It's gonna be a good day!

October 12: I love fall. I love everything about it. Except for maybe football on TV every day and night. But then, I think that's what my boys love the most about fall!!!

October 14: Ammon's cross-country meet tomorrow is on home turf--more specifically, Josh's turf at the golf course! I'm looking forward to it!

October 17: We are halfway done with our pumpkin patch's sale days, and we still have about 200 pumpkins left! We have been blessed with sunny weather weekend days, and have enjoyed the customers who have come out! Thanks for your support

October 19: Right now, I'm watching my sons scrub the carpet. For months, I've been telling the boys to STOP eating in the living room, but they continued to do it. So last month, I implemented a new policy: if you eat in the living room, you have to scrub a spot out of the carpet. There has been a LOT less eating on the carpeted floor now, and it kinda makes me glad when they do, because I enjoy seeing them perform child labor to clean up after themselves!

October 20: It's been exactly 3.5 months since I started this weight-loss journey--the midway point in time between July (when I started) and February (when I wanted to take the Mexico trip). I told myself back in July that if I hadn't lost 20 pounds (half of my goal weight) by today, that I wouldn't be booking our Mexico trip for February. As of today, I've lost 18 pounds--just 2 lbs. short of my halfway goal! Knowing that we're heading into the holiday months makes me even more worried that I won't make it to 40 pounds by February if I haven't lost 20 pounds by this point. So...we have decided to postpone the trip, which is both good and sad for me!

October 22: I'm super proud of Ammon--he just ran at the district XC race this afternoon, and had his best race of the year and got 12th place!!! Also, I was so excited for their team because both the Salmon boys AND girls teams received 1st place in our District!!! What an awesome accomplishment for them all!!

October 23: AT&T took over our Alltel cell service this week, and since then, I've had no cell service on my phone while I'm at home. If you've tried to call me or text me, and I haven't replied, I'm so sorry--I don't get the messages until after I leave home and go up or down my driveway a ways. It's super frustrating!

October 25: We sold out of pumpkins in our patch halfway through our last sales day today. It's been a great season and we feel so blessed! I think I shall make a pumpkin pie tonight just for us to eat to celebrate!

October 26: I make terrible pancakes, and always have. Thankfully, Josh's pancakes are really good, so he's the official pancake flipper in our home. But, this morning, I had an idea to make pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, and I thought that maybe I could redeem myself from my past pancake errors. The boys were so happy that I was actually making breakfast and said "this feels like Christmas morning!" because apparently that's the only morning a year we make a home-cooked breakfast! Unfortunately, they turned out awful!! I hereby vow to not convince myself in the future that I am capable of making any kind of pancakes!

October 27: I will be performing/competing at Salmon Idol tomorrow night! My friend Amanda and I are singing a duet together at the show, and I'm so excited to share our song with the audience!!

October 28: I love singing, dancing, and performing with my "bestie" Amanda! And tonight, we did all 3 together and won 1st place at Salmon Idol!!! We are still in shock--but we had SOOO much fun practicing and performing the song "Sisters" together!

No comments: