Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 2014 on FB

September 2: After picking our first 100 pumpkins out of the patch yesterday, we ate our first corn-on-the-cob dinner from our garden last night! Super yummy!

September 3: Since school hasn't started for us yet, we've decided to take the boys to the Eastern Idaho State Fair with us today. It's their first time going and should be a fun adventure!

September 4: One of the best things about the state fair: the food! Our favorites from yesterday: Ammon-Kangaroo stickers, Kanyon-corndog, Jonah-chocolate funnel cake, Micah-flavored caramel apple, Josh-deep fried cheese curds, Kala-chicken bullseye burger on a donut. There were so many good choices! Yum Yum Yum!

September 6: Jonah and Micah played in their very first football game today. On the drive there, I told them to try and keep a positive attitude during the game. They had some frustrations earlier this summer while playing on their soccer team, so I told them not to get angry with their teammates today. Micah says "but Mom, coach told us to be angry on the field". And Kanyon, who's 7, replied "yeah, be angry like the Water Boy!" (in reference to the Adam Sandler movie). We all burst out laughing!!!

September 7: I tried taking our family's annual fall pictures today. The photos never turn out quite like I envision--mostly because of these goofballs!!!

September 8: It's been 2 months since I started my "lose weight for Mexico" goal. I'm down 11 pounds. It was harder this month to drop the pounds, but I've been faithful about exercising every day and don't even crave soda pop anymore! 5 more months and 29 pounds to go!

September 10: I saw the movie "The 100 Foot Journey" in the theater the other day, and I keep thinking about it. It was excellent, and had a good, clean, moving story. I just love a movie that provokes good thoughts days later. (p.s. I want to try sea urchins now!)

September 11: Taking my oldest son to high school registration today. Unreal. Seriously, I remember going to my own freshman registration, and it does not feel like it was THAT long ago!

September 12: I'm going to float the Salmon River today with Idaho Adventures and the Lemhi Education Project! I've been looking forward to this little reward for myself for 2 months! It's gonna be a good day!!

September 13: Josh and I re-enacted a scene from an old commercial tonight with a friend and our cars. I rolled down my window, and asked a friend in her neighboring car: "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?". Micah, who was sitting in the back seat, said "poop-on?! what is that?". We tried to explain how it's like mustard that he puts on hot dogs, but a little different. He's all: "Oh, it's kind of like that butter in our fridge that's fake?". Josh said "Sure...it's just like 'I Can't Believe It's Not Mustard'!" The whole conversation totally cracked me up!

September 15: Heading to the grocery store, and I asked if the boys needed anything. 7-year-old Kanyon recited off the following list: "Yes. I need Nutella, frozen waffles, fruit snacks, granola bars with chocolate, bananas, pop tarts, and mini pancakes". This is why Josh has to work 3 jobs--to pay for the groceries that feed these hungry, growing boys!!!

September 16: For the first time ever, my twins are in separate classes at school. It was nice hearing them give reports to each other after school about what they did all day without me even having to ask how their days went!!

September 18: I got notified this morning that my final reports for my latest college class were accepted! That means I passed the course!!! Now I'm exactly 1/3 of the way to obtaining my degree!!

September 22: My boys Jonah and Micah turned 11 today! We celebrated this weekend by taking them and their friends to Squealers fun park in Rigby, and by eating their favorite meal of steak and mashed potatoes for dinner with family. Today they took birthday treats to share with their school class for the last time. Happy Birthday to my twin sons! I can't believe how old they are!

September 24: Just had fresh corn-on-the-cob from the garden for dinner for the last time this season! The boys picked it and shucked it before I got home from work, which delighted me. We always look forward to corn dinners in the fall, and have enjoyed having this meal once a week for the past 6 weeks. So yummy!

September 25: Don't you just love it when fall arrives and brings new tv show episodes with it?!! It's like a double bonus for happiness!

September 27: So proud of my boys in their sporting events today! Ammon ran cross country in Boise, and his time was under 20 minutes! He's been injured the past few weeks, so this was a great comeback! Jonah and Micah's football team made their first run for a 1st down, their first touchdown, and their first extra point today, too! I was so excited for them because they've been playing hard teams from much larger schools the past month, and this was so rewarding!

September 28: At this time tomorrow night, I will be watching Katy Perry live in concert! Sooooo excited! I've been looking forward to this for 6 months!

No comments: