Thursday, September 25, 2014

it's my party and i'll do what I want to

My birthday is August 14. This year, for my 35th birthday, I decided to make my birthday celebration last a week. And it was a glorious week indeed! 

On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, we went on a family vacation to the Rexburg water park and to Yellowstone. I'm so glad we did! I had such a great time with my family enjoying God's creations!

On Thursday morning (my actual birth date), I woke up to find this:

I had previously told Josh that I either wanted a new pair of nice flip-flop sandals or a ukulele for my birthday. I wasn't sure if he'd remember from the first time I told him in June, so I reminded him again at the beginning of August. I'm so, so glad he remembered! And I just loved the way he gifted it to me! Because Josh leaves to work so early in the morning during the summer, he was long gone before I woke up. I got up to go to the bathroom, and I was hoping to find some kind of surprise note waiting for me there (I did that for him on his last birthday), but there was nothing. I went back to bed for a while and slept in (a gift to myself!) and when I got up the 2nd time, I was so surprised to find this note and gift on my recliner in our bedroom. Seeing it laying there made me so happy! 

I relaxed and celebrated my actual birth day the way I wanted. I slept in, wore pajamas all day, deep cleaned and rearranged. All of these things make me happy! I loved staying home in my cozy pajama pants while cleaning out cupboards and moving furniture!

I also got around to hooking up the new computer and started to get all the photos off of the old computer. After the new computer was up and running, both computers were side-by-side for a while until I was able to finish putting years and years of photos onto flash drives, then I took apart the old computer that had been dying for some time (the cd drive no longer worked, and when we got a new printer earlier in the month, it wouldn't recognize it). The old computer was about 10 years old, and it was time for a new one. 

We love the new one! It has a bigger screen, the computer brain is built into the back of the screen freeing up more counter space, and the computer has so much more memory so it isn't slow like the other one. We used to have to put a shelf next to the computer station to hold the computer brain and the printer, but now the printer can fit on the counter, so we moved a chest freezer next to the counter instead. The area feels so much more open now!

For my birthday dinner, I made myself my favorite meal of ham, cheesy potatoes, and garlic toast. Yummy! And after dinner, I invited a whole bunch of ladies to join me at water aerobics. That was my birthday wish--I thought it would be fun to exercise with a whole gaggle of fun people. Only 2 of my friends showed up, though: Gina and Amanda. I still had a great time! I love these two friends of mine, and I love water aerobics!

On Friday, I opened the presents that my mom had sent me in the mail. She gave me a new nightgown, some new dish towels that she crocheted, and a birthday banner that my sister-in-law Jen made. My parents and Josh's parents also gifted me some money, and I bought myself a new camera with it (the other camera accidentally got dropped the previous month and the zoom lens no longer works). 

On Saturday morning, I got pampered at Amanda's salon. She permed my hair and re-dyed my bangs pink. I'm trying to grow out the front side of my hair, and it was getting to the awkward stage, so we decided that perming it was the best solution for the time. I am loving it! And she tried a new line of pink on my hair. It's much more pink and less purple, which I really like!

Look how tight the curls were when she first pulled the curl rods off!!!

 Isn't this flashy?!!

 I just love the final product! I have really liked having a perm--it is so easy to do! And I like this shade of pink so much better!


On Saturday night, I went on a date with Josh and my friends John and Amanda. We went to the Broken Arrow Mexican Restaurant in Gibbonsville. None of them had ever been there before. It's a 45 minute drive from Salmon, but worth it! We enjoyed the conversation in the car ride, and we loved the atmosphere of the restaurant at dinner. We had a good time out with our friends.

I even splurged from my healthy lifestyles diet and ate my favorite pie for dessert: Strawberry Rhubarb. I haven't eaten ice cream since starting my new diet in July except for one scoop on my birthday pie. It was soooo good! Jill, the owner, even brought out the pie with a candle in it, and she had me wear the sombrero as they sang to me. I felt so giddy!





On Sunday afternoon, Gina's family and Amanda's family came over for games and snacks. We had so much fun playing, eating, talking, and laughing! We had a good time with our friends, and it was an excellent way to end my week-long birthday celebration!!! I pampered myself, I spent time with my family, I went out with my husband and friends, and I gifted myself some good gifts in addition to those that I received from my loved ones. 35 is gonna be a good year, I can just feel it!

No comments: