Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pretty Peony

When we moved into our 1st mobile home in Salmon, there was a large, white Peony plant in the ground near the back door. It had been planted there many years before by Josh's Grandma Tolman, when she previously lived in a home in the same spot as my current house. It was my first time ever having a Peony, and I LOVED it!!!

Years later, when our mobile home got moved away and a new, larger manufactured home was brought in, the flowering plant got destroyed in the process. I think officially it was the excavator that dug it up. It was never seen again. 

I've missed having the beautiful, blooming Peonies in my yard, so last year I purchased 2 of the plants and placed them in a spot right next to my deck that opens out to the backyard from the back door. 

I think I planted them too late last year, because they didn't bloom at all (or maybe they don't bloom when they're so young/little? I don't know...). But this year, there were THREE blooms!!! When we returned back home from a weekend in Utah for my sister Katrina's wedding, two of them were in full, splendorous bloom! They were so beautiful to behold, and I was so happy to see them in all their glory!!!

They're pale pink, and have so many layers of petals. I never get tired of looking at them! In fact, I'm looking forward to many more years of, and many more blooms from, these Peony plants!

No comments: