Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 2014 on FB

July 2: Just another day in the drama of motherhood...We took the boys up to Williams Lake this afternoon. Jonah threw an oar to Ammon who was in a boat just off the dock. Ammon didn't catch it and the oar went into the water. The oar didn't float, it drowned. Soooo, Jonah took his glasses off and set them on the dock, then jumped into the lake to save the sinking oar, except he was wearing a life jacket and couldn't get deep enough to save it before it disappeared. As he got climbed back up onto the dock, he couldn't find his glasses. They apparently got knocked off by one of the many people on the dock at some point during the 2 minutes he was in the water searching for the oar. The fun afternoon trip ended not-so-fun with angry parents, missing glasses & oar, tears, and yelling!

July 4: Today was my Grandma's birthday. I always think of her on the 4th of July. 5 years ago we went and visited her and Grandpa, and a few months later she passed away

July 5: My cute sister Tawna is marrying Bryce today!!! We love these two and are so happy for them!

July 5: Beautiful wedding, happy people, gorgeous venue. Congrats Tawna & Bryce! 

July 9: I've lost my motivation to be healthy now that my exercise buddy has moved. But I came up with an idea last night that just might work. It was midnight, and I rolled over and woke Josh up. I said "If I lose 40 lbs. by February, will you take me to Mexico?" (I think his sleeping time is the best time to ask him serious, expensive questions.) It worked and he said yes! Even if that was his sleepy self answering, I'm going for it!

July 15: Look who I ran into in the Idaho Falls Old Navy yesterday...my longtime friend Emily (and her cute, growing kids too)! I haven't seen her in 3 years and momentarily being with her made my day! And it just so happened to be her birthday, too!!!

July 16: I just finished my last final of my 1st semester of my return to college! What a good feeling!! Now I'm off to Challis for 4 days for Choral Rendezvous--perfect timing for a vacation!

July 16: It's been a week since I made my "Mexico Vacation Declaration to lose 40 lbs". And guess what? I've exercised every single morning since then, I haven't had any sweets, and I've only drank half of a pop can {on accident}. I'm feeling good after one week--only 7 more months to go!!! :D

July 19: Heard the best story today from a woman who's ridden her bike across the country. She packed lightweight, dual-purpose items like oreos and a red-checkered napkin, which were for both dessert AND entertainment. She would take the cookies apart to create black & white game pieces, and the checkered napkin was used as the gameboard to play checkers! Then the cookies were eaten afterwards! love it!

July 19: Had a soaking, hilarious, fabulous time on the river yesterday with these people at Choral Rendezvous:

July 24: Two weeks without Dr. Pepper, but it's paying off! I'm down 5 pounds! Just 35 more lbs to go before Viva La Mexico!!!

July 26: Floated down the Salmon River in an innertube yesterday with the family. My boys all went for the first time, too! Josh and the 3 younger boys went in a boat, and Ammon went in a tube like me. It was so much fun! The river was the perfect depth for it! I already feel like going again!

July 28: Ammon finished his driver's training course today!!! Then he drove Josh most of the way home from Idaho Falls. Glad they made it without crashing! Josh said there was just one incident on the highway where Ammon shifted from 5th gear to 2nd. I chuckled, remembering how I'd done that when I first started driving stick shift, too!

July 29: Grammar lesson with my boys yesterday: Jonah told Kanyon that suicide is when you risk something in order to do something nice for somebody else. I was all "NO, no, no--that's not it. I don't think that word means what you think it means! Your definition sounds more like sacrifice!". Jonah replied "Ohhhh. Right. They just sound a lot alike." Whew. Glad that got corrected before he stated that in public. Wouldn't want people to think that I'm raising Al Qaida or future suicide bombers or something.

July 30: So glad to be going camping with the family today!

No comments: