Saturday, June 14, 2014

8th Grade Formal

Ammon's 8th Grade Prom was on the night of Thursday, May 15. It was at the Sacajawea Center, and the schedule for the evening included dinner and a dance afterwards. Upstairs, the tables were all set with the Salmon school colors orange and black, and the menu items of food from "around the world" were cooking in the kitchen. I went a little early, because my assignment was to bring chicken enchiladas (to represent Mexican cuisine). It was the first time I'd made them, so I was a little nervous, but they turned out pretty good. 
 

Downstairs the room had a DJ set up on one end of the room, a dance floor in the middle, and a drink-mixing booth and tables and chairs at the other end. It, too, was decorated in cute orange and black decorations.

Since Ammon and I had arrived so early, we got to watch everyone else arrive. It was fun watching all the girls in their pretty dresses show up. It made me a little sad knowing that I don't have a daughter, so I will never experience the shopping, hair, and make-overs that preclude any event like this! Because girls take longer to get ready, a majority of the boys showed up first!

Ammon and his friends waited a super long time for the girls in their group to show up. The rest of the 8th graders went inside and began eating dinner before they came! These 4 were good sports about it, and waited outside for their "dates" to arrive.

I thought they looked so handsome!!
Hunter, Ammon, Garrett, Ethan

Finally, the girls came and we got a couple of group photos before they went inside to eat, too.
Grace, Hunter, Haylie, Ammon, Savanna, Garrett, Maddie, Ethan
They looked so grown-up!

Ammon's date was Savanna Hildreth, a girl that had moved to Salmon just this past year.

I hung around for a bit, so that I could help clean up dinner and take my pans back home. The kids were having a good time, and after dinner was over and the clean-up was done, I went home.

Ammon said that he had fun at the dance. When it was over, their group went to the Jones' house for a movie and late-night snacks. Then the girls all went home, and Ammon and Hunter spent the night at Ethan & Garrett's house.

No comments: