Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 2014 on FB

May 1: My last elementary student play was today: this 4th grade class did "Annie Jr.". They were truly phenomenal and I could NOT stop crying during their performance!!! I am so proud of them!!! They've come so far in the 4 months that we've been working on it! I know I've said it before, but I just love moments like this at my job!

May 10: I think the ONLY place I like ugly old peeling wallpaper is at my Grandma's house {because I like going there and seeing that the house is still the same and nothing has changed}. 

May 11: Happy Mother's Day to my fabulous mother Ruth Perkins! She taught me how to love, forgive, serve, and raise a family in righteousness. Thanks mom for being a wonderful example to me. I love you! 

May 13: Oh my goodness, what a beautiful day!!! I needed to do laundry and some college homework this evening, but all I wanted to do was be outside. So that's what I did. I may not have clean clothes tomorrow and I may not have a smarter brain tonight, but I for sure have a happy heart. The sunshine warmed me inside and out, and I just know that I made the right decision regarding tonight's plans!

May 15: I will be SOOO glad when the primary elections are over on Tuesday! EVERY day for the past few weeks, our mailbox has been full of political flyers. And EVERY night, the phone rings constantly with politicians' recorded messages. And of course, it's all over the TV ads too. I'm just getting tired of the "in your face" approach.

May 19: Please make sure to vote tomorrow!!! The levy is SOOO important for the children in our school district!

May 23: Yesterday was my friend John's birthday, so in the morning I gifted him a small cactus and some malt balls. Last night was the spring concert (he's the music director), and he gifted me this beautiful large bouquet and Lindt balls for all my help this year. I was blown away with his generosity--I definitely had the better end of that deal! On his birthday, he made me feel like a queen. Thank you John!

May 24: Happy Happy Joy Joy! Sunshine, flowers, karaoke, dancing. I love today!

May 26: Our annual Memorial day plans always include planting the pumpkin patch. CHECK! What a gorgeous day to be outside today!!

May 28: Only one more day of school left!!! I'm directing Kindergarten Graduation in the morning, helping make food at Jonah & Micah's class brunch, and attending Ammon's 8th grade Graduation. It's going to be an awesome day!!! I just love year-end school events

May 29: I love being a guest reader in my boys' classrooms! I like to use some of my theatrical voices for different characters, so I'm always very grateful when I get the chance to read to kids! I've been reading "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" to the twins' 4th grade class at school the last 2 months (I love Roald Dahl's books!). Today, we finished it, and I shared with them some bits of chocolate bars (just like Charlie would eat his birthday treats) straight from England. Thank you Samantha Johnson for supplying the chocolate! The kids loved it!

May 31: I'm so happy that summer is here, although I'm actually a little sad that school is over (that's a first!). Goodbye spring! And hello summer!

No comments: