Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Soul Sisters & Twisted Scissors

I started working for my friend Amanda at her new hair salon "Twisted Scissors" in March. I work a few hours each Friday for her (it's my day off of school). I answer phones and make appointments. I run her errands and make deposits for her. I do some sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, washing, and cleaning. And I love every minute of it! It's a nice break from what I do the rest of the week! Not only do I get to hang out with my awesome friend Amanda (who has an excellent sense of humor, who knows me well, and who I have the bestest times with), but I also have a few perks for working for her like trading my work hours for product...

I've always been the kind of girl who doesn't dye her hair, who waits as long as possible to get a hair trim, to buy the cheap kind of hair shampoo and hairspray. And now, I'm actually pampering myself. I get my hair trimmed every few weeks, I get my hair colored every few weeks, and I've gotten a few hair products on the days I haven't had my hair cut or dyed. I love it!!!

Here's one day that I got my bangs re-colored pink in between appointments with her clients (my hair wasn't styled yet because I was waiting until her next client was finished).

I'm so grateful for the extra time I have to spend with Amanda on Fridays! And I'm so thankful for a small part-time, non-stressful job!!

No comments: