Saturday, April 12, 2014

hot springs hotties baring arms

 
The first weekend in March, Josh and I went out to dinner with our friends Krissy and Amanda and John. It was a nice meal, and we had a good time, so we decided to extend the night out by going to the hot springs afterwards. 
 
The closest hot springs is Sharkey, which is a 25-minute drive to get to down the highway and on some dirt roads. We like it, because there's two big tubs so you don't always have to share space with other people you don't know (although we frequently do), they're basically free (there's a donation box), they're well-kept and managed by the BLM, and we like the time together on the drive to get there.
 
On this particular night, Josh thought that we could all fit in the silver box car (instead of taking our van like we sometimes do, or taking Amanda's van, or Krissy's Yukon). And since Josh is always our chauffeur (he prefers to drive, and we like his driving skills), we agreed with him. But after we all got in, I'm not sure why we went along with it! John sat up front with Josh, and the three of us girls sat in the backseat. The silver box car is really narrow, and we were SOOOO squished!!! Seriously, we were practically on top of each other the entire drive! We could barely move, and body parts were wrapped around one another's body parts. It was very comical, and we couldn't stop laughing! We tried to take a whole bunch of selfies to document the moment, but in the small car and with our positions, we could never get more than 2 1/2 faces in the shot at once! So, we told John to take our picture using Amanda's phone from the view of the front seat, and he took a few.
 
It wasn't until he was done and we looked at them that I realized the flash was reflecting off my very unflattering, very white, very wide upper arm.  Apparently John didn't even notice how much arm was in the picture when he was taking the photo. Which...how can you NOT?!!! Sheesh! I would've had Amanda cover me with her arm! Krissy and Amanda both had covers on over their swimsuits in the car...I was unprepared this time (we decided on a whim to go), and wasn't wearing a shirt over my suit. So---here's the four of us (Krissy, Me, Amanda, and my Upper Arm):
 

Now that you've seen the photo, you can obviously see what I'm talking about. I like to use Photoshop, so I thought that perhaps I could just cut out my upper arm and focus in on our faces. But the cropped image looked a little disturbing--with the weird angle of my body and no swimsuit visible here, and Amanda's seductive face and her fingers on my round, naked skin, it appears like something strange was going on here, don't you think?!:

So, I tried cropping it with just two heads in it (as that completely left my arm out of the picture). But then it didn't look right with some strange hand on my neck: 

So I tried cropping our heads in the opposite direction. But after cropping out the arm, there wasn't much left but a whole lot of Amanda's and I's faces, and I didn't like the way it looked.
 

So then I thought I could just disguise the arm, but that ended up just bringing more focal attention to it:

So I tried the opposite: covering it up. Although it looks dumb, I like this one the most!
 
Lessons to be learned:
1. Don't take the silver box car to the hot springs when all 5 of us go.
2. Wear a shirt or robe over swimsuit in the car when others are around.
3. Be the first to yell "Shotgun" when riding in an overfilled car.
4. If circumstances are like this again, don't sit in the MIDDLE of the backseat.
5. When taking a photo while being squished in the middle of the backseat, face forward instead of turning to the side (I think my cleavage would be more attractive to view than my upper arm--as evidenced by this next shot of Krissy's view of me!).
 

No comments: