Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Winter Top Ten

MARCH IS HERE!!! Today is March 4th--or in action terms: March Forth!!! What a great day! I'm going to March Forth into Spring by saying goodbye to this Winter (I'm kind of getting tired of the snow and cold now) with our completed Top Ten list! (btw, I gotta say that I just love reminiscing, remembering, and reviewing! It really helps my mind retain memories, and my heart focus on a positive perspective!):

1. Decorate the Christmas Tree
Completed 12/9 as a Family Home Evening activity: Josh hung the lights, the boys hung the ornaments, and I took pictures. Sounds like the perfect tree-decorating experience to me!


2. Spend Christmas morning at home
Completed 12/25. Despite stringing the boys' doorknobs together on Christmas Eve (to ensure they wouldn't peek), Kanyon still escaped from the trap in the wee morning hours, and we all woke up earlier than expected to appease the wonder and excitement of our youngest son! It was a wonderful Christmas morning, and we love spending it in our own home!


3. Celebrate New Years in Salmon
Completed 12/31. We spent the afternoon sledding with Tiffany's family in Salmon, and that evening we all went to Josh's parents' house for food and games and the annual radio contest. And we won the radio's 60's music montage again (we figured out the theme was Presidents of the United States)!


4. Attend winter Perkins family reunion in Tremonton
Completed 1/3. We had a family meal, opened gifts, and went skiing together. We had a fabulous time!


5. Go sledding
Completed 12/24, 12/31, 1/29, and lots of times in February! On Christmas Eve, we pulled sleds behind the 4-wheeler on the field above our house. On New Year's Eve, we went up to South Fork with the Entrikin cousins. And after it snowed so many times in February, we just went on the little hill by our home with friends and family, and got pulled down the road behind the 4-wheeler too.


6. Party for Ammon's birthday
Completed 1/11. He invited his friend Hunter to spend the night, and the next day we went skiing and snowboarding together.


7. See P!nk in concert
FINALLY Completed 1/20. She was well worth the anticipation of the wait, the frustration of being rescheduled twice, and the price of the tickets. I still can't stop thinking about how fantastic her concert was, and what an amazing performer she is, and to think that she's my age! Wow!


8. Kala returning to college
My semester officially began 2/1!! I am now a student at WGU (Western Governor's University)! I am completing my studies I began in 1997 to become a certified K-8 elementary teacher!
(p.s. It bugs me that the "blur" tool on my Photoshop doesn't work anymore. I didn't want my ID # visible for the world, so since the blur tool won't work, I just crossed through it with a white line)


9. Celebrate Kanyon's birthday
Completed 2/10. We went out to dinner and bowling as a family. Then we had a family dinner, cake & ice cream, and the opening of the presents a few days later.

10. Install new hardwood floor in family room
NOT completed. I actually bought hardwood over Christmas Break to install, but after we came home and re-measured the space, Josh and I discovered that we only bought half of what was needed. Neither of us had the money to invest in twice the flooring cost, so I took the purchased flooring back, and the family room still has carpet. Because the wood stove is in that room, the carpet has gotten pretty dirty. Plus, the kids constantly take food in there (even though they know they're not supposed to), so there's stains on the carpet from them, too. We think that a hardwood floor for that room would be a good solution for both issues, so this project is an item on our current 2-year wish list, and one we've been wanting to do for a while, but the project will just have to wait a little longer.

No comments: