Sunday, March 30, 2014

Saturday Morning Sexy Man

I sure love this good-looking, incredibly endearing, very talented, hard-working, absolutely amazing man of mine.
 
Sometimes there's a complete story behind a single photo that nobody knows except for the person who took the picture. There's definitely a little story behind this picture, and I want to write it down to retain it in my mind's memory bank.
 
Josh and I have both had some rough times with our jobs this year, and with recent news of the Middle School closing next year and grades 5-8 students being pushed into the overcrowded and rundown elementary school and modular buildings at the high school, we were considering moving to somewhere far away from here. Josh applied at a job in northern Montana at a golf course that was within an hour's drive of Glacier National Park, which sounded appealing to both him and I. We started making plans and dreams for our future that included living in a new place. Around the middle of February, we found out he didn't get that job. It was a definite blow to our hopes for the near future, and it put him in a funk for a week (and rightfully so).
 
One Saturday morning at the end of February, we slept in (my favorite thing about Saturdays!). Josh got up, took a shower, and he put on some shorts because he didn't have plans to go to work that day. We went out to the living room to watch some TV, and Kanyon walked by and put a hat on Josh (which apparently he thought would complete the half-dressed look on his dad!). We've started DVRing all of Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show episodes, because we don't stay up late enough anymore to view them, but we are huge fans of Jimmy Fallon! So on this particular Saturday morning, we had a marathon of watching new Jimmy Fallon episodes together on the couch.
 
Jimmy Fallon is such a natural anti-depressant. He's hysterical and so talented, and we laughed so much that day, which was very therapeutic for both of us. It was really the turning point in breaking out of the funk we'd been in. The sun was shining that morning, and the sunlight was coming straight in through the window and lighting up Josh's body on the couch. With the sun's light and the infectious happiness from watching Jimmy Fallon, it was the perfect setting for taking photos of my favorite person in the world.
 
I got out my camera, and shot a whole series of pictures of him. I'm in love with all the photos from that Saturday morning because the lighting is perfect on his body and his face is glowing with his natural smile. He doesn't like any of the photos {of course}, but they make me so happy whenever I look at them. I even put my favorite one as my screensaver on my laptop, and every time I open it, my face totally lights up (unfortunately, he said I DEFINITELY couldn't post that photo on my blog).
 
Although things didn't work out like we hoped they would, we are making the best of still living in Salmon for now. I can honestly say that wherever this man is, I'm happy to be by his side. I'm very blessed that's he's forever mine.    

1 comment:

Eve said...

I love this post. It's so romantic in all the best ways.