Friday, January 31, 2014

January 2014 on FB

January 2: Went skiing today for the first time in 10 years. I forgot just how much I LOVE it! It was awesome to be on the slopes with my husband, sons, father, sisters, brother in law, and nieces & nephews. It was a gorgeous day in Logan Canyon and I enjoyed every second on the mountain!

January 3: The new version of the movie "Secret Life of Walter Mitty" was fabulous: thought-provoking, heart-felt, and wholesome-clean humor. I really enjoyed it!

January 4: My agenda for today: rearranging the family room. Needless to say, Josh heard that and has already left the house!!!

January 5: Did our 17-day break from school not seem long enough to anyone else? Sadly, I can't believe how quickly it passed! I'm kind of jealous of all the schools that are closed tomorrow across the U.S. due to freezing temps!

January 11: Our oldest son Ammon turns 14 today!!! He chose to celebrate it by going skiing with us (well...we all ski and he snowboards) and bringing along a friend. Thanks for picking a great way to spend your birthday, son! We love you and are so proud of you!

January 15: I watched "Saving Mr. Banks" in the theater last week, and not a day has passed since then that I haven't thought about it. It was an excellent movie, and brought tears to my eyes. I sincerely love good quality movies! It was definitely worth seeing!

January 17: Well done Ammon at your first basketball game of the season! That perfect 3-pointer shot was the highlight for me from your winning game!

January 17: Woo Hoo! I got my official acceptance letter today to begin my studies at Western Governor's University on February 1!!! I'm so excited to finish this journey that I started 17 years ago!

January 20: I'm SOOOOO excited to FINALLY see P!NK in concert TONIGHT!!!
 
January 26: Watching the Grammy's. I had my 5th graders vote on the nominees, and am grading their ballots as I'm watching the musical performances. The 5th graders had a contest with the high school band to see who got more right: it's a fun tradition I have! But so far, my family hasn't been too impressed with all the songs performed...

January 29: We went from zero snow to 4.5 inches of it in one day! And it's still coming down! The kids are home early from school because of it and are now having a grand ol' time sledding! Thank you, father above, for answering our prayers and delivering such heavenly precipitation!

January 30: One bonus for having school cancelled today: I completed my university's orientation class!!!

No comments: