Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 2013 on FB

Oct. 2: Tried a new kind of float tonight: chocolate ice cream with ginger ale. The best part about it was drinking it with friends! So grateful that Tillamook ice cream & ginger ale were both on sale. And SOOO blessed to have incredible, understanding, hilarious, talented friends!

Oct. 5: loved going camping & soaking at Challis Hot Springs this weekend! and watching Ammon run his xc meet was an added bonus, especially since he got 3rd place! I've truly enjoyed the extra day off from school--what a blessing to have 4 days with my family.

Oct. 6: Spending the next 3 days in McCall with my husband is just what my inner doctor ordered. So glad I listened to my heart, as my mind is already beginning to feel better here.

Oct. 10: Our "Lil Munchkins Patch of Pumpkins" opens this weekend! Open Fridays in October 12-6, and Saturdays in October 10-6. Located on Corbett Lane (7 miles south of Salmon on Hwy 93, turn at Shoup Bridge, follow signs). We have orange, white, and blue pumpkins for sale in several sizes. Also, there's a haybale maze, cornbag toss, guessing games, and food made with fresh pumpkin!

Oct. 14: Pink is on my mind right now--partially because it's all around for breast cancer awareness, but mostly because I'm going to P!nk in concert this week! (CAN'T WAIT!!!), and because of her song I'm singing with Amanda Vermaas Evans at Salmon Idol in 2 weeks, and for my costume theme based on her for Halloween!!!

Oct. 16: For 2 months I have looked forward to going to the Pink concert tomorrow. It just got rescheduled. To October 29. Which is the night I was scheduled to sing a "Pink" song at the Salmon Idol Contest. What a terrible dilemma I'm faced with....

Oct. 16: I'm so proud of Ammon Tolman! He went hunting and shot his own deer ALONE this week! And he just completed his cross country season today with another 3rd place finish! Definitely some happy moments for him and his parents!

Oct. 22: I'm lovin' this Halloween-themed week: carved pumpkins last night, finished making costumes tonight, church party tomorrow night, school carnival Thursday night!! I like that Halloween is more spread out this year instead of everything on one day/night!

Oct. 25: Dear Fall, Oh how I love you so! And the recent warmth and sunshine we've received lately makes me adore you even more!!! Also, capturing images of you in your prime makes me so happy...

Oct. 25: a trip to the temple and a meal of sweet pork from Costa Vida made my day complete!

Oct. 28: painted small pumpkins with the 3 younger boys tonight. We each did 2 and we worked on them for several hours. What a fun creative project! I just love how they turned out!

Oct. 29: I can survive any tough time...as long as I have my good friends and this sexy man by my side!

No comments: