Monday, September 30, 2013

September 2013 on FB

Sept. 5: Today I'm grateful for air conditioning in my home after working in a hot & very humid classroom all week. I'm also grateful for electricity after living without power for 4 hours tonight!

Sept. 6: After nearly 18 hours, I'm SOOOO happy to have power again!!! I'm extremely thankful to Josh who came home from work just to plug our fridges into the generator and to Edward who plugged our water pump into a generator so I could take a shower! I feel so blessed!

Sept. 7: This is what I did today--which is one of the many reasons I absolutely love Fall!

Sept. 9: the stars at night are big and bright, 'specially since there's no moon tonight!

Sept. 11: I have integrity. I can rise above untruths about me since I know that others' false statements about me are untrue. Also, I think that mean people suck. And as my boys would say it: "They suck monkey balls"!

Sept. 13: I have loved doing water aerobics this summer (thanks for the introduction to it Brenda)! I didn't really start going regularly until August, and I'm wishing I would've started earlier since Salmon doesn't have a year-round pool! I love the way my body feels when I'm in water...jus sayin!

Sept. 14: So happy to go camping and soaking in hot tubs and spend relaxing time with my family today!

Sept. 20: Headed to watch Ammon's XC meet in Rigby today--Fun! And I'm taking the twins with me to do their birthday shopping! 10 years ago, I watched another XC meet since Josh was coaching, and I also got steroid shots at the OB Dr.'s office preparing to deliver the twins prematurely. Its almost like deja vu--except today's trip is going to be MUCH funner than the one 10 years ago!

Sept. 21: Just finished reading "My Sister's Keeper". The entire book made me depressed, but I couldn't put it down! Now I need something a bit more on the uplifting side!

Sept. 22: My twins are now double digits! I can't believe it was that long ago that they were born with their umbilical cords tied in knots and they were life-flighted to another hospital in a different state. I'm so glad that they survived birth and that I survived their infancy & toddlerhood! I sure love my Jonah & Micah and the boys that they've become!

Sept. 23: There's always some reason to feel not good enough, and it's hard at the end of the day...so tired of the straight line and everywhere you turn, there's vultures and thieves at your back...the storm keeps on twisting, keep on building the lies that you make up for all that you lack... Thank you Sarah McLachlan for putting my feelings into words. I am so grateful to have music in my life.

Sept. 26: one more reason to love fall: new episodes of TV shows!!

Sept. 27: with a smile and a song...all the world seems to waken anew, rejoicing with you and your heart is young...with a smile and a song. And that's just one of the many reasons why I've always loved Snow White!

Sept. 28: just made tomato sauce for the first time ever with the tomatoes I grew in our garden this year! it's always such a good feeling to can my own food!

Sept. 29: Amidst all the Sunday football on at our house, there's still 2 bright spots on TV today: the season finale of the Great Food Truck Race and the season premiere of the Amazing Race!!! The TV has been a real blessing for me this week: I've been cozying up to it way more than normal with all the cold/rainy/gloomy weather outside.

No comments: