Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 2013 on FB

Aug. 1: Today is the Salmon Library's last Summer Reading Program Day. I've been their guest reader this summer and have thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks Jodi Williams Sommers for this fun opportunity!

Aug. 1: All the prayers that were being sent for rain to help the local forest fires were heard and answered in a major way today: in the form of a giant rain/hail/wind/thunder storm. Wow! Can't believe the damage in town. We are truly blessed that the huge hail didn't drop down by our house so our pumpkin patch is saved.

Aug. 3: I love love love these clear blue skies as a result of that massive storm the other day that helped out the forest fires! It's been so nice the last 2 days to have smoke-free skies again! It's the perfect day for a summer outdoor BBQ! So happy!

Aug. 6: Intense water aerobics tonight simultaneously made me want to vomit AND make me feel hungry!

Aug. 8: Growing food is both a blessing and a curse...I love being able to reap the bounties from our fruit trees & garden (home grown is SO delicious AND free!), but I hate being glued to the kitchen for hours and hours of canning the produce(it's hot, and it hurts my back & feet).

Aug. 10: Loved the ward campout last night and this morning! The food was delicious, the company was delightful, and I laughed so hard! I had a nice, enjoyable, relaxing time with my family and ward friends.

Aug. 11: The family vacation has begun in Great Falls, Montana.

Aug. 13: Last day of vacation at Glacier National Park, Montana.

Aug. 15: I gifted myself two things for my birthday this year: surgery to fix my broken uterus, and tickets to see Pink in concert. Unfortunately, one of them had to happen on my actual birthdate, and the other won't happen until October. But the good news is: the surgery was basically free because I've already spent my out-of-pocket max for the year, and I survived it so I will be able to see the concert pain-free!!!

Aug. 17: After watching an entire season of "The Great Food Truck Race" yesterday, I've been wishing that our town had a food truck! All those burgers, sandwiches, and foreign foods looked like they would be delicious!

Aug. 21: The boys had so much fun playing with their cousins at the Family Fun Fair night tonight! Thanks TAC team for an awesome night! We enjoyed it!

Aug. 22: Today was the last day of teaching my boys piano lessons for this summer. Ammon fulfilled his goal and began playing in church for the men last Sunday. Jonah and Micah did pretty well until Micah's huge meltdown during today's lesson: he was outraged that he couldn't pass off a song (due to not practicing) and screamed "WHY do we have to learn piano ANYWAYS?!" Music is a life skill & I will always stand behind its importance!

Aug. 24: I just love the portrait he drew of his dad Josh Tolman, don't you?!

Aug. 25: I finished decorating the walls of my music classroom today! Now it feels more real that school will be starting again in just 2 days. And now that my room feels ready, I'm also feeling much more prepared and excited for the new year!

Aug. 27: I loved the first day of school! I sure enjoy my job as elementary music teacher!

Aug. 29: Looking forward to seeing Ammon's first XC race of the season tomorrow! He's been working hard at practice and I'm sure it will pay off!

Aug. 29: Josh is glad that college football was on TV tonight. I, on the other hand, am glad that my twins chose (on their own) to watch the musical Annie on TV (without any prodding from me). It's taken me years to get them comfortable with wanting to watch musicals--and it makes my heart happy to know that they are willing! The baby steps to bring culture into this sport-dominant home of boys are paying off!!!

No comments: