Thursday, July 18, 2013

walky & talky

During the first week of June, I started walking almost every day with my good friends Krissy and Amanda. We walk over one & a half miles 5-6 days a week. We use a few different locations, but mostly we walk by my house using an uphill farm road, and a downhill paved road. It takes us about a half hour, and we usually go later in the evenings because it's cooler, but we sometimes change times, in order to coordinate better with our different daily schedules. I have loved talking and walking with these two awesome ladies! We laugh a lot, so it's exercise for my body as well as my soul! I always feel better after walking, and I've noticed that my body has had more energy and needed less food, too. Bonus! We walked diligently for one month straight (almost a record for me)--and then the week of July 4th happened and was a little crazy and we haven't been as faithful since.
 
We decided to take before/after photos, so here's the "before" shot after just one week of walking. Our goal is to do another similar photo at the end of summer to see if we notice any difference in our bodies after all the walky/talky time!


Walking almost daily with these women has been one of my favorite parts of summer thus far! I'm so grateful to have good friends that are motivated to exercise, too. I need others to keep me motivated to exercise, and it's so fun having people to work out with! One of my goals this year is to get my weight under 200 pounds, and I'm hoping this will help me achieve that goal by the end of the year.

No comments: