Sunday, June 2, 2013

Blossoms Popping

One day this spring, Kanyon (my 6-year-old son) said to me: "Mom, did you know that if you plant a popcorn kernel that an apricot tree will grow"?
That's the conclusion he came to when he was thinking about the popular song Popcorn Popping that he'd sung in Primary at church. The lyrics are:
"I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn Popping on my apricot tree!
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I can take an armful and make a treat,
a popcorn ball that would smell so sweet!
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to be,
popcorn popping on the apricot tree."
 
I completely love his way of thinking! Wouldn't that be so neat if you could plant a popcorn kernel and have a tree grow from it?! I would just love to have a popcorn/apricot tree! Unfortunately I don't. But, I am so blessed to have other tree blossoms in my yard that I absolutely enjoy seeing & smelling at the beginning of each spring season instead! 
 
Plum blossoms:

Pear blossoms:
 
The big apple tree blossoms:

The small apple tree blossoms:
 


No comments: