Friday, May 31, 2013

May 2013 on FB

May 1: today's lyrics: "i scream for ice cream"! and tillamook's caramel butter pecan was the perfect solution.

May 3: I hate trying to be at two different places at the same time...we went to Ammon's District track meet in Ririe today and were there for 3 hours--unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to see him run ANY of his 3 events before we had to leave to drive back to Salmon for Jonah & Micah's Par Kour Recital tonight. It has frustrated me the entire day!

May 4: I LOVE camping with my family.

May 9: The 5th graders at their Shrek {Variety} Show. There was lots of dancing, acting, singing, narration, and even a ukulele number. It was sooo awesome! I was one proud teacher today.
May 9: Lyrics for today: "I'm a believer! Not a trace of doubt in my mind!" I love my 5th grade students and have so much enjoyed enjoyed working on their Shrek {Variety} Show with them! I'm gonna miss them next year! They were amazing today, and I choked up watching them perform and excel!

May 12: I <3 mom="" my="" p="">
May 14: today's lyrics: "I am blue da-ba-dee-da-ba..." taken from the opening credits of Iron Man 3. I took Ammon to see it in the theater tonight, and I LOVED it!!!

May 16: {young} men in black -- after their awesome band concert tonight!


May 21: Tomorrow, my baby graduates from Kindergarten. I have cried at all my other boys' Kindergarten Graduation Programs, seeing them in their little gowns & caps. But now I'm the music teacher conducting the program, so it feels entirely different, but I refuse to cry while running the show!

May 21: Salmon residents, the voting results: for a new school 645 yes, 901 no. for a new roof: 354 yes, 1184 no. So the state will be in control of our new roofing remodel. So sad. This won't even help the majority of problems with the schools regarding safety and security of our students or address the needs of the students with disabilities.

May 22: the good news: I didn't cry at Kanyon's Kindergarten graduation. There were 250 in the crowd--the biggest ever at any of my music programs, so I was glad it went well. the bad news: Kanyon woke up puking (i still made him go to school), he wouldn't let me take any photos in his grad gown, he disappeared from me 3 times today, the dog ran away (& got found by a stranger miles from our home), I had a panic attack this evening. More good news: we are all still alive and survived the day.

May 24: Saw the movie "Xanadu" for the first time last night. It's so weird!

No comments: